Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Simmons Bilt CXL Steer Drifter

I often feel quite embarrassed in my inability to speak another language besides English with any proficiency (Spanish I can get by I suppose). While the majority of English speaking people feel somehow butt hurt if not spoken to in English. To me that is very ignorant. Also, there is a tool, google translate, that will allow (if one can master the simple act of copy/paste) people that don’t understand another language to have it translated to the language of their choice for them.
PS-
veste cool @Viv

Mich486

One Too Many
It’s funny how 50 years ago French used to be the “lingua franca”.

People that natively speak English are in a privileged position nowadays. Learning a foreign language is no joke. It’d be nice if when visiting abroad they’d make an effort to peak up the basics of the local language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, there is a tool, google translate, that will allow (if one can master the simple act of copy/paste) people that don’t understand another language to have it translated to the language of their choice for them.
PS-
veste cool @Viv

Or in Google Chrome, it's literally right click / Translate to English.

But yeah, seconded on all accounts.

It’s funny how 50 years ago French used to be the “lingua franca”.

People that natively speak English are in a privileged position nowadays. Learning a foreign language is no joke. It’d be nice if when visiting abroad they’d make an effort to peak up the basics of the local language.

I spent 6 months trying to learn Amharic, which is spoken in Ethiopia, before we left to adopt my daughter. It was very difficult and the only phrase I mastered was “ help me, Where is the bathroom, thank you”.

Mich486

One Too Many
It definitely sounds like a tricky language to become fluent in :)

And lol I see why you had to pick up that sentence! That’s a must for me whenever visiting outside of Europe/North America.

It definitely sounds like a tricky language to become fluent in :)

And lol I see why you had to pick up that sentence! That’s a must for me whenever visiting outside of Europe/North America.

The last night we were there the women who ran the house prepared a truly authentic Ethiopian meal. Some of it was slaughtered in the driveway. The other families kind of pushed it around on their plate as the women eagerly looked on. I on the other hand dove in, elbow deep in God know what. I couldn’t bear the thought of being rude (and this was a feast that most Ethiopian families would never have seen).
I boarded a plane about three hours later. I don’t think I am welcome on Lufthansa airlines anymore. By the time I got back to Chicago I was hallucinating. It took all I had to get a Diet Coke with ice at Ohare. Somehow, I survived.

Mich486

One Too Many
LOL!!! When it gets to you stomach it really is the worst!!! I take a bad cold any day over that!

Seriously though just a small hassle for what sounds like one of the most important trips of your life ;) congrats

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Hey guys,
I wanted to show you my new jacket from Simmons Bilt.
It's their Drifter model.
The ordering process was smooth, Debs there is great advices. She sent me leather samples for free, which helped me decide which hide to choose.
I wanted a heavy leather, with a rich color, something that age nice, with a cool patina. So i went for their Havana CXL Steer.
It took 6 weeks to build, and 4 days to arrive (from Scotland to France).
Damn, that thing is the best jacket i ever had. I'm sad everyday when i have to take it off.
It already starts to show some wear and patina, which is awesome. It gets better and better everyday!
Here are the pics, jacket is a week old.
dfe2020a1daca710e50da63eabe32fad.jpg
51c37492042794c557fa55a3373b6fd2.jpg
6d18f68ed83fd15070466a93a16111de.jpg
91c573f35208d92b4031a779c40d2c5d.jpg
528ed8ec6c024579698778f6bfd5ecfe.jpg
acc13b72c26882234bcd6cd04c2ee87b.jpg
36b57e1bad3fa6bea88f7040684e5050.jpg
cd0d96354dcca8c6c69bb6ad71a30c09.jpg

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk
This looks amazing. You have excellent taste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ