Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My tawny fawn Akubra Federation

Caparzo

New in Town
My lovely new Akubra Federation with my first bash :) (more picture later because my camera has broken...)

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0021.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I love that color!! Great hat and great job with the styling!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap There is just something with the way the lighter felt goes great with that color ribbon.:D

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WOW

indycop said:
I love that color!! Great hat and great job with the styling!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap There is just something with the way the lighter felt goes great with that color ribbon.:D

What he said! Great color combo, no doubt!

Mustang

One of the Regulars
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I really have fallen in love with the Federation. How close would you say the color is, in comparison to the Hats Direct website photo and/or your photos?

NonEntity

Suspended
In the first two exterior photos, your Fed looks decidedly grey; in the others, it appears taupe, which I really like, especially against the dark, fairly wide hat band.

Akubra seems stuck on the word "fawn": Besides Fawn all by its lonesome self, it uses Regency Fawn, Heritage Fawn, Dark Fawn, and now, with the Federation, Tawny Fawn. Help, I'm drowning in a sea of fawn!

Not that vendors would listen to me, but I wish 1) they would use the same color term from one vendor to another; 2) each vendor would photograph all their hats under identical lighting conditions; and 3) put a swatch of every hat color they offer, arranged from lightest to darkest, on one web page. Do I hear an "Amen," brothers and sisters?

Whatever its color, Caparzo, you've done a superb job of shaping your new Fed. Enjoy!

NonEntity

Suspended
Excellent pics, Caparzo.

In all of them, the color appears to be browner than the previous photos. In fact, I see no gray at all and would therefore no longer use the term "taupe" to describe it, though that word very well may be the most imprecise color term ever.

Though it's not as versatile, I still very much like that shade. Let's see, what should we call it. Fawn, yes, fawn, and quite tawny at that. Shall we say tawny fawn? :D

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Caparzo, with those new photos, the color seems to be very much in-line with the photo on the hatsdirect website. I like that color a lot. Very distinctive.

When I get mine, I want the bash and the brim exactly like you have it. It seems all of the photos of the Federation I've seen show the front brim with that very distinctive, severe, straight, down slope to it (I really like that). When you snap the brim down on the Federation, is that the angle it automatically takes or do you have to fiddle with it? I ask because I have absolutely no faith in my ability to modify it :(.

Alon

One of the Regulars
Caparzo, beautiful hat! I'm grateful that you posted these now because I was just thinking of getting a tawny fawn Federation myself.

I was just wondering, is it possible to bash it so that the crown is not quite so high? And, do they let you choose the colour of the ribbon?

citRon

A-List Customer
Alon said:
Caparzo, beautiful hat! I'm grateful that you posted these now because I was just thinking of getting a tawny fawn Federation myself.

I was just wondering, is it possible to bash it so that the crown is not quite so high? And, do they let you choose the colour of the ribbon?

:arated: What he said- or does anyone have a Federation that does not have a Raiders bash, but maybe a c-crown or teardrop shape?

citRon

A-List Customer
wow- did you have to 'storm the castle'? Tawny looks a little dirty after that trip!

p.s. 'Tawny' I like the way that sounds.
Tawny.
Tawny.
Tawny...that's what I'm gonna name mine when it comes in! -Original, huh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes