Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Three Hats - Your Input Please

BladeOfAnduril

One of the Regulars
Greetings all,

I'm only about 3 months into hat wearing and so far I've collected 3 hats. I'm still feeling out what I look good wearing, so I'm seeking your opinions on the matter if you gents (and ladies) would be so kind as to share them. So, without further ado, here are the options:

1. Akubra Stylemaster in Carbon Grey - Brim: 2 1/2"

2. Mallory by Stetson in grey (I know very little about this hat, it was a thrift store find by my wife) - Brim: 2 3/8"

3. Knox Fifteen in brown (Just received it today from fellow Lounger Josh - Thanks!!) - Brim: 2"

Thoughts?

I'll share my own after I hear some of yours.

Thanks all!

BR Gordon

One Too Many
All three hat look good. Keep in mind that your tastes will evolve. Try hats that may be a little beyond your comfort zone, crown height, brim width, and give them a little head time before making any final decisions. It takes time for your brain to adjust to new things.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I wouldn't have necessarily pegged those last two as having 2" brims, with your face shape, they look longer....that's not a bad thing, I think it's more complimentary to your face shape than the first (not that any of them look bad on you!).

Monte

A-List Customer
Those look fine. Your collection is very nice for 3 months in. I'm 30 years in and don't have hats that nice!

Mulceber

Practically Family
I think the 2" brim works for you. Of the ones pictured, I think the third one is the best of the bunch. On your next hat, you might consider trying a straighter and/or taller crown. The ones you've got right now are decent, but I think there are crowns out there that will work better with your face shape. Otherwise, looks good! I like the wide ribbons. -M

singlechange

One of the Regulars
The Knox Fifteen with the 2 inch brim is what looks best on you. Though might it be riding a bit higher on your head than the other two. I'm wondering if the Knox isn't a bit too small in size and could be better if you had it stretched a little.

All three are terrific, and everyone has a different opinon on the look. I really prefer the Mallory shape. Now you need more hats :eeek:

BladeOfAnduril

One of the Regulars
Thank you all, for the input. I'm still getting used to the wider brim on the Akubra. I think the crown on the Knox looks best, as it's taller and less tapered than the other two, but I think I'd like the brim just a little wider. I don't think I'd go with anything narrower than 2" in my future acquisitions. The Mallory is probably going to be relegated to "beater" duty as it's badly faded (although uniformly so) and I believe has the shortest crown of the three. Next, I think I'll look for something with a taller crown and brim around 2 1/4".

Thanks again, you've really helped me gain some prospective. For the time being the Knox is my favorite.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
All three hat look good. Keep in mind that your tastes will evolve. Try hats that may be a little beyond your comfort zone, crown height, brim width, and give them a little head time before making any final decisions. It takes time for your brain to adjust to new things.

I agree, your tastes will definitely change. My comfort zone changed when I bought a homburg. I didn't think I could pull it off, and I only have one, but I really like them now. All of your hats are nice, and you have 2 more hats than I had when I was 3 months in. Personally, I think #3 looks the best on you. Keep your eyes on ebay and etsy for some quick options. The Classifieds section here is also a great place to buy, sell, and trade hats. There are even more avenues if your searches are good enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy