Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My US Authentic A2 arrives!!

Tone

A-List Customer
Good looking jacket!

Great looking A2!

I like how the US Authentic A2 seems like it might fit but it's hard to tell based on their mannequin'd version on their site.

Could we maybe see an example of the jacket on one of you "real people"? :)

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
A-2s generally have surprisingly small zippers, perhaps because they are designed to be hidden behind the windflap, unlike the visible zipper on Navy jackets. US A's zip is just a contemporary Talon (at least it is on the one I got eight years ago), but it is the right size/weight.

I had the same experience - coming from a background of things like 80s Schott bombers with their huge industrial strength zippers, I was very surprised to see how small the zippers on A-2s are. But after years of use, the small zips have never failed on either my Gibson & Barnes or US A. (I wish I could say the same for the big fat zipper on the Alpha B-15 I recently gave away in disgust!)

Spoonbelly said:
I just bought one of these A2s in goatskin in size 48L (or tall). I got the "updated" new version w/ the two sets of pockets, etc. Very nice jacket. My only concern was I thought that the zipper should have been beefier. I had a Navy Bomber before this one which was not official issue, but was one very excellent quality version. The zipper on that one was nice, fat and smooth.

kojax

Practically Family
a-2 jacket

i am thinking of getting a civil a-2 gibson barnes goatskin jacket i think it will be a good motorcycle jacket...i looked a harley leather jackets to heavy for me lol.............

Peacoat

Bartender
Hey Kojax, where you been? Carlisle Blue and I are still waiting on those photographs!

The heavier the better for a M/C jacket. It's been a couple of years since I wore one, but I don't remember the Harley jackets being that heavy, certainly not like an Aero or a Fox Creek or several other brands with thick leather.

If G&B uses a high quality goatskin, that might be a good alternative to heavy cow or horse, as goat is more abrasion resistant than the other two.

sinawalli

New in Town
After a little over a month of owning/wearing my jacket, it is breaking in very nicely! Most of the stiffness is gone! It is developing some nice creases and wrinkles, and I have gotten use to having only 2 pockets! I really like it!!:D

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations

I had one for about a year. Russet horse. I painted some nose art on it, but got tired of it so sold it at a profit.
I will definitely get another. They do break in nicely over time, before you know it really.
Next one I get from them I will allow it to break in before I paint it though, as tiny creases formed in the painted area which was causing tiny cracks in the paint. No paint loss, but a bit disconcerting.:eek:
All in all, a most awesome jacket. :) I would like to see more styles from them, like an ANJ4,..maybe some day. [huh]

Speedbird

A-List Customer
Nick, why don't you post some pics of your painted jackets in the painted jackets thread? I am sure we would all like to see them... :)

sinawalli

New in Town
A2 update 1 year later! Well I've had the jacket for a little over a year now. Only wear it in late fall to early spring, and of course all winter. Jacket is breaking in very nicely, lots of creases! Leather has rolled up at the zippers, but it looks good! Amazing jacket, and I've learned to live with the only 2 pockets!! Phone in one, wallet in the other!! Very warm, even unlined. If it gets cold (Below -15C), I wear a hoodie under it, otherwise it's just a light sweather. Fit is awesome, wouldn't do yoga in it, but very comfortable!

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
Hey! Has anyone else noticed that U.S. Authentic prices have taken a $100.00 jump recently? They're starting to drift away from the low-end a-2 category. I was going to order one in seal horsehide but ended up buying a used Aero horsehide a-2 on ebay instead. I haven't received it yet, but waiting patiently (or impatiently).

overlord4215

New in Town
Going on my third year with US auth A-2 still holding up well they make great stuff and cant see how they would be called low end . Low priced maybe i think they would hold there own .

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
When I said low-end I meant lower priced compared to Goodwear, Aero, Eastman, etc. I think U.S. Authentic are quality jackets. I own one. I stand corrected though. Wiktionary defines low-end as "cheap or inexpensive; low quality".

sinawalli

New in Town
OK, going on to year 3 with my A2, and its simply awesome! Super comfy, and really nicely broken in! Will post some pics!

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
I've got a US Authentic A2, had it for just over 2 years, and it is quite good. I would say they are quite heavy, a bit long - even for a tall guy like me. Over time it's developed some good lines and has softened up somewhat. So far, no fraying on the jerseys and no problems with the zipper. I feel like it was worth the buy, good value for money. And no one has anything close in the manner of quality in my whole city.

After 3 years, where's those pictures?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24