Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My US Authentic A2 arrives!!

sinawalli

New in Town
A925E6CE-D847-4A21-BE96-D9ADB140F5E5-14997-00000E33FE47681D_zps040116f6.jpg

6DB7BCEA-8B68-4DD5-BF1F-34BA6A3F0EE8-14997-00000E33FBB74B8F_zpscb8b885a.jpg

9928AD6A-B6F9-4868-8FF6-9CE0DE9CFAB5-14997-00000E33F8D17A81_zps4d4ccd66.jpg

8A650B0E-59EF-42F9-94C8-5287E0490E76-14997-00000E33F6A62418_zpscea6dad8.jpg

9F866480-CB8C-4A6C-B81F-01D742358095-14894-00000E2E15343C45_zps653ce12c.jpg

As promised, here are a few pics! Broken in real nice!

sinawalli

New in Town
Yes it is! It is my "go to" jacket from about mid Sept. to probably May. After that, it gets too warm for it. I found a wool zip up sweather with a flannel liner from LL Bean that fits under it real nice for when the therometer drops. I noticed on their website, that the price sure has gone up since I bought mine!!

Last edited:

kasa7

Familiar Face
The leather looks nice; I have one too, horsehide seal brown 42R from US Authentic. That's a great jacket.

jeepjeep13

One of the Regulars
I just got my us authentic horsehide in the mail today and I'm kind of amazed at how blousy it is! Seems like there's tons of extra fabric where there doesn't need to be. I'm actually happier with my $70 goatskin cooper.

jeepjeep13

One of the Regulars
Sizing

How did the sizing run? I am looking order one but take something between sizes and am wodering if they run large or small?

I'm a little thrown off by the sizing. I got my horsehide a2 in yesterday and it's pretty blousy. I typically wear a 40L in mostly everything and that's what I ordered (Shaul agreed based on my measurements). However, there's a lot of extra leather in the back and under the pits which makes it look sloppy and not trim/military fitting at all.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I had a US A A-2 for around ten years, and I always describe their cut/sizing as trim but long.

It was a size 44, yet both the sleeves and body length were nearly two inches longer than on my G&B size 46 A-2. (And keep in mind that G&Bs are notorious for having an "oversized modern fit"!) I ultimately sold it because it never really fit my short-and-wide frame right, and after I gained a little weight, it became too tight at the gut. I thought it was a swell jacket for the price... but strangely sized.

jeepjeep13

One of the Regulars
Never will I suggest anyone goes through US Authentic for a professional experience ! My return has taken over three weeks to process and still hasn't been refunded in full. When I inquired about the funds, I was told "it was done 2 days ago. Stop the bull". No return receipt was ever sent, so i wasnt aware of it. I was blown away by this response from someone who claims to be a professional leather jacket retailer on par with other companies such as Aero, etc. I wouldn't even expect that response from some guy working ar K-Mart!!

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
Never will I suggest anyone goes through US Authentic for a professional experience ! My return has taken over three weeks to process and still hasn't been refunded in full. When I inquired about the funds, I was told "it was done 2 days ago. Stop the bull". No return receipt was ever sent, so i wasnt aware of it. I was blown away by this response from someone who claims to be a professional leather jacket retailer on par with other companies such as Aero, etc. I wouldn't even expect that response from some guy working ar K-Mart!!

Sorry about your horrible experience, but I am not so surprised, when I did business with Shaul, he always had cold tone, only answer half what you asked, it's like I am asking him to send me a jacket,glad I returned his a2 HH, if I want a2, I go to eastman or aero, you always get what you paid, on both merchandise and customer service.

jeepjeep13

One of the Regulars
Sorry about your horrible experience, but I am not so surprised, when I did business with Shaul, he always had cold tone, only answer half what you asked, it's like I am asking him to send me a jacket,glad I returned his a2 HH, if I want a2, I go to eastman or aero, you always get what you paid, on both merchandise and customer service.

Meh, I learned my lesson. it should gave been a dead giveaway when my 40L was big and his initial suggestion for me was a 42L. Not sure he really knows his trade or his people skills. yea, it's Aero or Eastman from now on for sure!

kojax

Practically Family
i have done bussiness with mr. shaul years ago he is something else . you knoe what i mean lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24