Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My very first pincurl set!

Shantel Morris

New in Town
I have just finished doing my first pincurl set and wrapping it in a scarf to dry overnight. I'm really excited to see how it turns out. It was a bit messy to do due to an arm injury but i'm hoping it turns out decently!

I wasn't able to find the setting lotion I wanted, so I took the advice of a sales girl and bought AG Hair Cosmetics Liquid Effects. It says it's an extra-firm styling lotion, It's a sort of slick, runny clear liquid you rub through damp hair. Has anyone else used this? If so, did you like it/dislike it and why?

I'll post a picture in the morning pre and post brushing out, and would appreciate any tips or advice. :) Please excuse the horrible colouring of the picture and my face sans makeup (and quite red).

5maef5.jpg

:D

Shantel Morris

New in Town
I've been having issues with my internet connection for the last few days, so it took me a bit longer then I wanted to get these up. :(

vym8u8.jpg

The curls before being brushed out looked pretty good to me for a first try. They did look a little bit larger than what I was aiming for.

5d3zpl.jpg

After being brushed out they had a bit of a wave to them but not the curl I wanted. I think I may have made the curls too large, and because my hair is shorter they did not have enough structure to them to keep a good curl. I'm going to try again and make the curls smaller to see if that makes a difference. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy