Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Vintage Home

Wild Root

Gone Home
Hey ITG, that's a nice living room. You'd be surprised to find out that to make a room look vintage is rather simple. Your armchair and sofa are rather classic in design to begin with. Just a few old fashioned pictures on the wall, an old radio (I know, that's something I would say :p ) but, just ad a few cool old antiques around the place and then presto! You have a vintage friendly home. ;) To do what Trickeration has done takes time and hard work to find everything. I have been collecting for almost 10 years now and I have mostly just radios but, for the most part my home has a very old fashioned feel to it.

Trickeration, you have a very nice place and it was nice to have a tour last time Joseph and I were over. When I get my own place some day I'm going hard core vintage. Nothing modern except my PC and a TV and DVD player. That's the extent of my connection with the modern world. Some people have found really cool vintage cabinets to house their TV's, stereos, and VHS or DVD players in. Just throw up a few nice black and white photos in classic frames and a few antiques from the time period you're trying to capture and you're there.

Take care,

Root.

Trickeration

Practically Family
ITG-
Hi. Sorry it took so long to reply, school started this week. You know how that goes.

You living room is really nice. I like all the windows to let light in. The room looks nice and airy. As far as making it look vintage, I agree with Wild Root. It really wouldn't be that hard. Your place has a really classic look. In fact I found some pictures in a late 40's copy of Ladies Home Journal that reminded me of your place. Here's a link to the pictures...

http://community.webshots.com/album/446120650qMhjYE

My place did take a long time to put together. I pretty much bought one thing at a time over several years. I looked around in old magazines to get ideas for colors and fabric patterns. Sometimes I had to 'make' things fit, or I made things myself. I bought a plain rug for our living room and painted it in an atomic design with colors that matched the couch and chair. The living room only had the hutch for about 2 years, until we found things we liked to add to the room.

Wild Root-
Thanks. I enjoyed showing you guys around. Hopefully we can all get together and hang out again at your place or ours. I haven't seen your your place yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I have to say, the only vintage but the PC, TV and DVD is great, but I couldn't live without my microwave. I'm building a small vented cabinet to hide it, though ;) .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran