Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My vintage leather jacket and I are reunited after 14 years apart!!

Navin323i

Practically Family
SUCCESS!

Storm cuffs are now off the jacket... God bless the person who invented the seam ripper... very easy for me to remove them myself. Jacket sleeves fit me so much better now.

StormCuffs.jpg

Conmar zipper from Mash-Japan is on its way to me now, and replacement red interior lining is also on the way to my leather repair guy... now it's only a matter of time before my jacket restoration is finally done. :)

I tell you though... my Irvin leather jacket project is really helping me cope with the LONG wait time for my Aero leather jacket on order... currently looking at the June timeframe to get the Aero jacket.

hmfoster

New in Town
Irvin B Foster was my dad. Our factory was at Kensington & Ontario St in Phila. Glad that you are enjoying the jacket. The factory was closed in the late 70's
Best
Harvey Foster

andy richards

Practically Family
This thread was started by our friend Navin, who has had a heartsurgery a couple of months ago. I've tried to PM him a few times, but no response... Does anyone knows more?
Andy

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Navin,

I have an original 1950s Conmar brass zipper for ya! We sell 'em at the shop. Originally the zips had army green cotton tape, but we dyed the tape blackish brown with Rit to restore our vintage jackets. PM me if you still haven't found a Conmar for your jacket. Regarding the shape, it's the older style...yours, the Conmatic is a much later Conmar zipper...we usually see the Conmatic zips on 1960s jackets...

Last edited:

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Conmar zipper from Mash-Japan is on its way to me now, and replacement red interior lining is also on the way to my leather repair guy... now it's only a matter of time before my jacket restoration is finally done. :)

Oops...didn't see this...Glad that you found a zipper!

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hello Everyone! My apologies for my absence from the forums... been having serious heart issues again and my heart is beating now at a rate of 280 beats per minute when I'm at rest. Most likely will need a surgical procedure to correct this problem (ablation which basically burns a small area of the heart that is causing the arhythmia). I'm staying strong though and will get past this like all my other procedures. You all are AMAZING... you all honestly are my family away from home. :)

Irvin B Foster was my dad. Our factory was at Kensington & Ontario St in Phila. Glad that you are enjoying the jacket. The factory was closed in the late 70's
Best
Harvey Foster

Oh wow!!! What an honor to meet you, Harvey! Is your father still living? If so please thank him from me. I truly treasure this jacket that he made. I wish you all still made jackets. :)

I must say Harvey...your Father made some mighty fine jackets..and in some cases simply the best..!
HD
+1

Wow, a real walking history lesson here. Some mighty fine jackets, indeed! I have one of your G-1s from 1962.

I agree... a real walking history lesson!

This thread was started by our friend Navin, who has had a heartsurgery a couple of months ago. I've tried to PM him a few times, but no response... Does anyone knows more?
Andy

Sorry Andy... I pm'ed you, bro. You have my email address now too so I'll be able to keep in touch much better. :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hey Navin..................great to have you back!

280BPM? Wow! Are you sure you're not still massaging that NYPD FQHH? Seriously man, take it easy till they get this thing under control.

Best regards, coffee

Hey Coffee!! Great to be back, my friend. LOL... massaging the NYPD indeed.... haha! :D

Hope you've been doing well, bro.

Navin

Navin323i

Practically Family
Just wanted to let you fellas know I survived my heart surgery today. Was hospitalized for 12 hours and underwent a procedure to "burn" an area of my heart that was causing the electrical impulses to loop around the upper chambers (atrium) resulting in heart beat of 280 beats per minute.

I'm back home now and resting. I want to thank you all for the kind wishes and prayers you passed my way during this difficult time for me and my family.

God bless...

Navin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot