Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mystery Badge

Selous

New in Town
Gents and Ladies.
I was on the bus the other day (in the UK ) when a chap sat down alongside me, he was dressed in tweeds and carried a cane.
More to the point he had a lapel badge depicting (if my memory serves me ) a walking stick and perhaps a pipe, is this some sort of 'Gents Club' or a social site membership such as this one, any ideas ?
Sorry about the sketchy information but it has had me baffled for a while (sad I know ).

Haversack

One Too Many
A walking stick lapel pin is one of the subtle symbols by which a member of the Masons can identify himself to his brothers in the Craft.

Haversack.
(not a Mason, but versed in the use of symbolism)

Canadian

One of the Regulars
Around here, we have in my lodge and pre-dating my membership, several pins which are given to members who say, give a 100 dollars to the "Scottish Rite Charitable Foundation" or who are involved in various fundraising schemes.

For example, there is a white bear pin which was part of a fundraiser. Members would purchase the pin, with the benefits going to a Masonic charity. I suppose this lapel pin you speak of may be another example

I do now there are many concordant bodies which have similar programs and pins. Shriners, York Rite, OES, etc.

I have a Masonic decanter I purchased shortly after joining. It sits unused in my basement, as I am a non-drinker. I think it cost me 25 bucks.

Tom

Rathdown

Practically Family
From your description of the devise, I'd suggest it sounds a lot like the membership pin of one of the Robert Burns Societies as these pins are based on Burns's alleged coat of arms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy