Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Name the Actor...

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Bingo. Loretta Young and Warren William. The picture is one of the most scabrous films of the pre-code era. Name it.

"Employees’s Entrance “ ---precode !

e62kye.jpg

2931-12598.jpg

You've seen this guy in every movie Warner Bros. made in the thirties, but never quite like this.

I'm thinking Alan Hale, but I'm struggling to guess the movie - "The Prince and the Pauper," but I'm winging it. My confidence is shot after blowing the "Employee Entrance" one as I love all those pre-codes (especially the "Big City" as bad place ones).

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'm thinking Alan Hale, but I'm struggling to guess the movie - "The Prince and the Pauper," but I'm winging it. My confidence is shot after blowing the "Employee Entrance" one as I love all those pre-codes (especially the "Big City" as bad place ones).

Not Mr. Hale, although you have the right era. This fellow usually played petty functionaries -- smalltime clerks, insurance agents, bookkeepers, little Henry Tremblechin types cowed by aggressive lead actors. The picture is unlike anything else Warners ever did, and just about everybody on the lot at the time was in it.

Not Mr. Hale, although you have the right era. This fellow usually played petty functionaries -- smalltime clerks, insurance agents, bookkeepers, little Henry Tremblechin types cowed by aggressive lead actors. The picture is unlike anything else Warners ever did, and just about everybody on the lot at the time was in it.

When I block out the beard and mustache, I recognize that I recognize the face (I feel like I might get it - it's in my head but buried), but that's it. I am sure you haven't identified my most recent picture post as you are giving others a chance - it is full-force pre-code in its values.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
!

Not only did he play Henry Tremblechin-type characters, in one film he actually played Henry Tremblechin himself!

Hobart Cavanaugh ...but mostly because of LM !

First shot on this next precode is for Fading Fast.
because I feel responsible for his confidence being shot ...but offer expires by noon ! ;)

zklpao.jpg

Last edited:
"Tarzan the Ape Man"

Jonny Weismuller

Maureen O'Sullivan

Thank you for the confidence building 2jakes (and it took no time as I just knew it as do most FL members).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk