Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Name the Actor...

LizzieMaine

Bartender
As for FF's post, since nobody else wants to jump in, that's Design For Living, with Frederic March, Miriam Hopkins, and some guy called Cooper. A rather arch bit of Noel Coward.

Here's a tricky one. The film is from 1932.

peach2.jpg

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
"Tarzan the Ape Man"

Jonny Weismuller

Maureen O'Sullivan

Thank you for the confidence building 2jakes (and it took no time as I just knew it as do most FL members).

You’re Welcome !

and just in case some goober jumps in to make any smarty corrections to your reply & make you feel bad....

Tarzan and His Mate (1934)
Johnny Weissmuller

I write this with sincere appreciation to another fan of “precode” films !

Cheers !
jake

Last edited:
You’re Welcome !

and just in case some goober jumps in to make any smarty corrections to your reply & make you feel bad....

Tarzan and His Mate (1934)
Johnny Weissmuller

I write this with sincere appreciation to another fan of “precode” films !

Cheers !
jake

And that is the absolute best one - body double for Sullivan or not. The only honorable thing I can do now is hang myself by using a copy of the film as the noose.

And Lizzie, you are a class act - I knew you knew it right away.

As for FF's post, since nobody else wants to jump in, that's Design For Living, with Frederic March, Miriam Hopkins, and some guy called Cooper. A rather arch bit of Noel Coward.

Here's a tricky one. The film is from 1932.

peach2.jpg

Pretty sure it's "Dinner at Eight," and I recognize both actors but have no idea of their names.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
And that is the absolute best one - body double for Sullivan or not. The only honorable thing I can do now is hang myself by using a copy of the film as the noose.

There’s an interview with Sullivan where she explains about the problems encountered with her costume revealing too much & also
with regards to her swimming in her birthday suit.
She says this film was the beginning of the end for “precode” films.
I have seen the scenes where her costumes does reveal much more than intended. Today, it’s no big deal.
But back then, it caused a furor & Sullivan had to go undercover for a spell. It’s very interesting sound bite.

And if Ms. Sullivan were here, I’m sure she would tell you not to worry about it . :D

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
The fellow looks a lot like Walter Connolly.

e63skm.png

I don't believe that is Garbo though.

But I’m probably wrong & I need that film clip to hang myself ! :eek:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto