Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nat Nast and J. Michaels Clothiers...

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Bought a GREAT pair of Nat Nast jeans last night and it got me to exploring this brand a little bit...

In the year 1946 Winston Churchill delivered his "Iron Curtain" speech, the bikini was introduced in Paris, jazz was hep and Nat Nast offered his first line of artfully embroidered bowling shirts. Soon after, Nat was crowned the “King of the Bowling Shirt” by the men’s apparel industry.

In 1961, Nat took the company public, subsequently sold out and eventually the brand was defunct. After his death in 1986, his daughters, Patty and Barbara, were determined to bring back the art their father created. They accomplished their goal in 1999 with a collection of reproductions from his personal collection.

I've seen the NN bowling shirts before:

t_16799_01.jpg
t_16973.jpg

Thinking about picking up some more silk/cotton blend cords via OFAS. Anyone got any experience, thoughts about this brand?

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Great Shirts!...

I scored a bunch of them on Ebay at the beginning of the summer. Perfect for hot weather wear. Seems like a pretty good company.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I've liked some of the Nat Nast sport shirt designs, but I still can't get over the fact that they use silk and not rayon.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought a couple of NN shirts earlier this year from Ebay - they were brand new but much cheaper than normal retail (I think they cost me about US $40).

Both look great, one's white with pink and grey abstract 50's pattern on it, the other's blue with white pick-stitching on the collar and pocket and a black and white atomic pattern to it. They look like they're straight out of the post war-50's era.

It's summer here now so they're getting a good workout. I rate them highly.

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
Nat Nast cords & shirts

I have 2 pair of NN silk/cotton cords (70/30?). Soft as a babys behind, nice smooth feel and has a great "hand", the silk helps repel wrinkles. Black & Beige are mine.

Also have a silk NN shirt, limited edition print in black & white with the signature pick stitch. I think NN and TB are about equal in quality, it is the uniqueness of the patterns from both of them that are appealing. NN for the retro look and TB for the carefree, well heeled, beach bum.

:eek:fftopic:
Just occured to me that I just got a pair of Allen Edmunds "Ramblers" and they look like a a fine pair of Bowling Shoes! Maybe a NN retro bowling shirt is next to round out the look!!:D

gpwpat

Familiar Face
I won a pile of Nat Nast shirts. and Tommy Bahama.

I get mine at Nordstroms Rack which is the Clearance store for Nords. I can't afford the retail price 120 to 180 for some.

average price at the rack 40 to 50 bucks. Downside is the selection is slim.

my best one has a huge embroydered p-38 on the back.

LarryK

New in Town
Nat Nast ...

I started collecting Nast shirts about 2 years ago, I now
have 75 and I love them. I have short sleeve silks, long
sleeve silks, and about a dozen linens in beautiful plaid
prints. I have jeans, silk slacks, and several silk summer
weight jackets with wonderful 1950's prints. All in all, I
love the company and their products.

TM

A-List Customer
I received a NN shirt as a gift and it's the heaviest weight of silk I've every seen. Looks, feels, and wears great.

I'll be looking for more.

Tony

Chicago Jimmy

Familiar Face
I have a whole closet of Nat Nast's...short & long sleeves. They are very comfortable,and I get a lot of compliments.If you see a "vintage fit" that means they are a size smaller...so be careful. Ebay has plenty of them, and so does Norstrom and Norstrom rack,also Van Maur.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff