Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nate's Leather

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So it took a bit more time, but I stopped by Nate's Leathers this afternoon. I was in the neighborhood, so to speak, so I planned in a little extra time and visited them in person. Really nice to meet a real leather jacket fan with the original owner's grandson - Josh. He now runs Nate's leather and is just an all around great guy.

I took several photos and this is him with a 1980's - produced motorcycle style jacket, back when they had more machinists and product offerings. This jacket was immaculate that he is wearing...

IMG_2555.jpg

I spent a little time here today, checking out Brand new as well as Vintage Chicago Police jackets. Here is a brand-new one that appears to be made of Goatskin, rather soft of feel but quite durable:

IMG_2542.jpg

Here is one of the very first Chicago Police jackets they produced. It was a side-line offering for them at first, this is ~ 45 years old.

IMG_2543.jpg

This dark blue Chicago Police jacket is currently for sale in their store, it is from the early 1980's.

IMG_2544.jpg

Here is one of their original storefront signs, note the telephone number (in the city of Chicago proper)

IMG_2545.jpg

They had an array of offerings, including a few other pre-owned jackets on trade, as well as a selection of police style vests, and safety gear:

IMG_2548.jpg

Here are a couple detailed shots of the traditional cross-zip style motorcycle jacket the owner was wearing in the initial photo. This jacket has a very nice pattern to it, I hope they would consider making it again. The back-panel fringe was a customer-specified option. It is from the 1980's as well (this tag was used from ~ 1980 - 1990)

IMG_2550.jpg
IMG_2551.jpg
IMG_2552.jpg

So it was quite a lot of fun to visit here. I did not go in back, but there were a couple people making new jackets, as well as repairing vintage ones while I was in the shop.

I would encourage anyone with any interest in leather jackets to consider visiting here if in the Chicago area. It is also a good place to have repairs done, if you live near that area. Do check out their website and note the hours, as they are not open on weekends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner