Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Natural Pomade

mrbork

New in Town
Try lavenderlaneforever.com They carry all sorts of things, like beeswax and lanolin. In their pure form like the way this company sells it, these make Murrays look like oil! You can combine these with other things, such as grapeseed oil, et al and get the desired thickness. They also carry pure essential oils, so if you like, you can naturally scent your pomade with your favorite!

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Hello,

The only thing I've stumbled across was this:

http://www.herbalremedies.com/blacseedhair.html

It contains: Black Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, and Cocoa Butter

I ordered 2 containers of it, but it is very hard in the container. The easiest way to use it is to heat it up a bit in the microwave so it softens, and then scoop some out, rub it between your hands to melt it, and then put it in your hair.

I choose to use only natural products (if they are made from organic even better yet) because of having chemical sensitivity, although the petroleum from Royal Crown doesn't bother me - perhaps because it is blended with Olive Oil and so diluted.

Prien

mrbork

New in Town
Natural products

Prien,
You should have a look at Lavender Lane's online catalog; they carry SO many things right up your alley. You can order things individually, or select from pre-made products. The staff is quite well-versed in what they sell, and can advise you on whatever your needs are. I have done business with them for over ten years. The website is lavenderlaneforever.com I myself do not have allergies or sensitivities, but like the idea of using natural products, though I must confess I have a few chemicals I cannot live without, i.e. Vitalis and Groom&Clean. :eek:

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Thanks MrBork! :)

I'll have to write down the site's address and save it. All of my 'toiletries' (shampoo, face wash, soap, etc.) are natural products that are made from primarily organically grown plants. I try to use products that are as natural as possible. I cannot even use prescription medications for very long due to the chemical sensitivity of those (although not completely related to this subject), and so use the essential oils, and like another member here mentioned fractionated coconut oil.

If anyone would want to use fractionated coconut oil, I use it every day as a massage blend. You can add essential oils into it for fragrance. I haven't tried it in place of my pomade, but it does help the scalp if one has to constantly wash their hair every day.

This is the information I have on fractionated coconut oil that I saved in my Aromatherapy Practitioners Ref. Manual:

"Refined coconut oil consists mainly of saturated fatty acids, which is the closest substance to human sub-cutaneous fat and therefore more compatible with skin than vegetable oils; a very clean oil with no irritants as found in unrefined oils, and it does not go rancid; externally coconut has been found to be the best for wound healing and general skin application."

This I gathered from a site to add to the above since I noted it in my book: "Has the longest shelf life because of its anti-oxidant properties; moisturizes, conditions, and protects skin. Anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-protozoal and anti-viral. High in Vitamin E and extends shelf life of other oils when added to them. Used as a carrier oil for essential oils, it encapsulates the oil and prevents evaporation of volatile components. Non greasy or staining - it does not ruin sheets or clothing. Easily absorbed - soothes tight and sore muscles."

Prien

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo