Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy Blazer

android

One of the Regulars
So, I'm needing a Navy Blazer and I want something Golden Age. We've been discussing MyCustomTailor.com on the shirt thread and I'm going to order from them again. A blazer is pretty simple, but I'd like opinions on what details would give it a 40's look and maybe some pictures.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

General Style: single breasted, 2 button, Notch lapel, patch pockets w/ flaps

Buttons: I've already taken care of the buttons. I got a set of authentic White Star Lines gold buttons. 2 button front, 4 buttons cuffs (working cuff buttons, of course.)

Vent: side vent?

Thanks,
Andy

Fuente

Familiar Face
There was quite a difference in the styles of the 40's. Prewar - longer jackets, with broader shoulders. What you are describing seems to be more post war when the advent of the natural shoulder era began. Two or three button blazer, upper breast welt pocket (sometimes an open patch pocket at the breast), two lower patch and flap pockets, 3/16's" edge stitch, center 'hook' vent. Side vents were more common on a tweed coat rather than a blazer of a smooth face fabric. JMHO

Fuente

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner