Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need a wool blanket for my bed

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Not all Portuguese flannel is good. A set we purchased at Costco just a few years back began to pil quite quickly and soon after became very scratchy and not comfortable. Sometimes the cheapest is not the best value.

That's good to know. We're happy with the Garnet Hill sheets so far. We have a flannel duvet cover from them (also Portuguese flannel) which has lasted probably 8 years without much wear (we use it seasonally). Their flannel though is very thick- one of the fitted sheets I bought is 3 times the thickness of the flannel sheets I paired one of them with and makes the old sheets feel scratchy and cheap, to be honest. (The old thin flannel sheets were a target $13 special, pretty sure made in China.)

So perhaps the recommendation is Portuguese flannel from Garnet Hill.

That's good to know. We're happy with the Garnet Hill sheets so far. We have a flannel duvet cover from them (also Portuguese flannel) which has lasted probably 8 years without much wear (we use it seasonally). Their flannel though is very thick- one of the fitted sheets I bought is 3 times the thickness of the flannel sheets I paired one of them with and makes the old sheets feel scratchy and cheap, to be honest. (The old thin flannel sheets were a target $13 special, pretty sure made in China.)

So perhaps the recommendation is Portuguese flannel from Garnet Hill.
We are due for new sheets and will keep an eye out for this brand, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21