Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help finding a hat

FedoraSeeker

New in Town
THIS hat HERE is NOT the style I am looking (for clarification since I see so many of these types of silly looking hats) ; wrong style.jpg

Last edited:

Celia

A-List Customer
I'm afraid I can't help you, my only advice would be to keep checking ebay, etsy and the classifieds here. Or consider buying new or custom rather than vintage. That resistol Moon posted (1st link) has a 1 7/8 brim, I think the pictures just make it seem a bit bigger than it really is. You can remove the feather. Good luck with the search!

Last edited:

FedoraSeeker

New in Town
All the hats in the previous photos (except the last, very stingy) are about 2" brims. They look somewhat different due to the crowns.
Where (approximately) are you located? Is there a hat store within driving distance?

I am located in Garland TX. Interestingly enough there is an old HATCO factory located here- but they only manufacture western cowboy hats.Unfortunately, we do not have any hat stores within driving distance.....except for cowboy western hats.

Thanks for your help.

OMG, FS!!!!!! GO to that store in Garland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, they sell a boatload of westerns, but they also do fedoras. LOTS of them! Call 'em up my friend, and ask if they have anything stingy. Bring your wallet.

Then I'm missing something somewhere. Here's the thread on the Lounge about them. When did you call them? Maybe things have changed there.
Suggestion: Check out the Outlet, since you're so close, (relatively speaking) and maybe look for something to have the brim trimmed to your liking.

Or, might I suggest a custom made lid, if you're okay with new.

FedoraSeeker

New in Town
Then I'm missing something somewhere. Here's the thread on the Lounge about them. When did you call them? Maybe things have changed there.
Suggestion: Check out the Outlet, since you're so close, (relatively speaking) and maybe look for something to have the brim trimmed to your liking.

Or, might I suggest a custom made lid, if you're okay with new.

Yes, they have some """fedoras""", but they are the stereotyped typical Indiana Jones type that I an NOT looking for. I will try to post an example of what I believe are people wearing new hats that are in this style that I am looking for. I am not sure where they obtained them, but I hope to find out!

Celia

A-List Customer
No need to post the same picture again, people are trying to help. How about a Borsalino Tasso?
181380.jpg

Or are you opposed to a raw edge brim? the crown's probably too tapered for you though... If you think the ribbon's not wide enough, that can be replaced.

Celia

A-List Customer
I found two NEW hats in the exact STYLE that I am looking for, but the wrong SIZE......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AWESOME-New...046820?hash=item2a60495be4:g:6GEAAOSwa39Uuvcr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mens-Ch...574507?hash=item28292e086b:g:A88AAOSwQJhUcX1A

I emailed the seller, but he said that he does not have any hats of this style in 7 5/8! If anyone could find me THIS HAT in size 7 5/8, I would be most appreciative!
Have you checked Christy's website for that second hat? Just be aware of the different sizing. https://www.christys-hats.com/

FedoraSeeker

New in Town
No need to post the same picture again, people are trying to help. How about a Borsalino Tasso?
181380.jpg

Or are you opposed to a raw edge brim? the crown's too tapered for you though... If you think the ribbon's not wide enough, that can be replaced.
The Brim is far Too long. I want a short brimmed fedora under 2 inches like the one shown below , as worn by the individuals in my photos. Sorry, but I once again feel I must
goodf.jpg
post what I am looking for to compare. Thanks for your help though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo