Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help in buying a hat that is not uncomfortable for the forehead

John Galt

Vendor
Do what Bono does and wear prescription shades everywhere. People might think you're trying to be funny (or a douche), but if it's really that bad, it's on them for assuming.

Better yet, maybe a cool vintage hat and some old smoked- glass shades.

blazerbud

One of the Regulars
Is this thread a joke? It sounds like a ridiculous question, and circumstances. I would love to help someone sincere learn how to choose a good hat. I would never tease someone who was sincere about asking for help, but Sheesh...

Please don't take me the wrong way, but the hat from the amazon link is the ugliest thing I've ever seen.
Bangs, do you mean like Justin Bieber type bangs? Keep your hair short and trim and combed or pulled back.
I don't know much that feels better than the leather sweatband on my forehead.

Please post photos of your face, and or head, and maybe we can provide options for a hat that will look good.
A hat must make you look good also.

-30-

A-List Customer
"This place needs a "like" button.
QUOTE: Brian Niebuhr.

"Is this thread a joke?"
QUOTE: blazerbud.

Like, you know, like, you know there may be many here who would likely like a "Like Button" but it likely should

be tempered with a, you know, like an "Unlike Button" for the, you know, unlikely chance that, you know, some

may dislike only like having a "Like Button" without, you know, an "Unlike Button, like, you know, as well.

Regards,
-30-

Last edited:

Corky

Practically Family
The Brooks Men's Nightlife Mesh Cap which you purchased is clearly marked ONE SIZE.

Measure your head and then look for another hat in your correct size.

An average head size for men is size 7 [SUP]3[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB] (using U.S. sizing), 58 cm (using European sizing) or 7 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB] (using UK sizing).

Get a measuring tape and place it around the circumference of the head, slightly above your ears.

US6 [SUP]5[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]6 [SUP]3[/SUP]⁄[SUB]4[/SUB]6 [SUP]7[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]77 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]7 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]4[/SUB]7 [SUP]3[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]7 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]2[/SUB]7 [SUP]5[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]7 [SUP]3[/SUP]⁄[SUB]4[/SUB]7 [SUP]7[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]8
UK6 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]2[/SUB]6 [SUP]5[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]6 [SUP]3[/SUP]⁄[SUB]4[/SUB]6 [SUP]7[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]77 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]7 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]4[/SUB]7 [SUP]3[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]7 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]2[/SUB]7 [SUP]5[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]7 [SUP]3[/SUP]⁄[SUB]4[/SUB]7 [SUP]7[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]
CM535455565758596061626364
Inches20 [SUP]3[/SUP]⁄[SUB]4[/SUB]21 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]4[/SUB]21 [SUP]5[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]2222 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]2[/SUB]22 [SUP]3[/SUP]⁄[SUB]4[/SUB]23 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]4[/SUB]23 [SUP]5[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]2424 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]2[/SUB]24 [SUP]3[/SUP]⁄[SUB]4[/SUB]25 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]4[/SUB]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff