Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need tips on aging AAF decal on US Authentic

gruvi

Familiar Face
Hi All,
I got a goat A-2 off ebay last month. It has a left shoulder AAF decal that looks too new, almost too gimicky due to how fresh it looks. In a way I wouldn't mind removing it entirely, but before I do, I'd like to see what it would look like worn.
Has anyone got tips on making these decals look aged without harming the skin near and under it?
Thank you :)

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
gruvi,
in my experiance, it depends on the maker of the decal and how it was applied. The garcia decals will, in my experiance, wear very quickly. If the decal was applied correctly, it might last a long long time. How to age it? try working/wrinkling the leather by hand, see what happens..

gruvi

Familiar Face
Update... I just removed the whole thing as I saw the edges, especially at letters, was already lifting away slightly. I am going to just paint something else in place like an 8th patch instead. I think that design looks cooler anyway :)

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
AAf decals

No I don't, but Thanks for asking. Although not original , I use acrylics because I can control better the age process . I would try first on
an old leather & see how it looks. Notice that original WW2 art work was not real perfect , but it did capture the Spirit ! Good luck !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany