Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nerd Alert III: Sarah Connor Chronicles

Doh!

One Too Many
I'm bummed that the next new episode won't be until next week.

Thank God Lost starts up again this week! But why ABC chose not to rerun last season is beyond me. Not all of us bought it on DVD or wants to download it, ya' know.

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
Doh! said:
OK, so who's watching Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles?

I think it's fantastic; could be this season's Lost. The TV version of Sarah Connor isn't as intense as Linda Hamilton's, but I really like what's going on so far.

If they can avoid being as simplistic as "Terminator of the Week" they should do OK.
We haven't got that here is Australia yet. It's being advertised. It looks okay, but sometimes these dramas can go on and on and become boring. Will wait and see.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just watched my first episode last night and it seems pretty good. The guys at work are already mocking it. "Wait, was that the episode where they were chased by a terminator, and ran away?" I am still waiting impatiently for Doctor who season 4 though.

Johnny

A Dalek would exterminate any Terminator, 2 seconds flat, easy.

Twitch

I'm liking it as well. It is plausibly keeping in relative tune with the movies. Things you'd expect as reasonable occurances happen and it fits nicely into the plot and script.:)

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
I'm really liking it and kinda bummed that the season is so short (last episode is next week). I was very happy to see Summer back on the screen, I've always hoped that Firefly would come back.

carter said:
I'm looking forward to a new season of Jericho as well.

a month or so back I got a disk in the mail popped it in my DVD player and it was the first 3 episodes of the new season, a friend had been given a demo disk and sent it to me, I wasn't complaining.

Doh!

One Too Many
I liked the season-ending cliffhanger, and found the scene where John meets his dad quite touching, but something bugged me about it:

Didn't they break some sort of rule by having the same character (the other Reese boy) occupy the same timeline as his past... er, future self? I know they did it in Twilight Zone ("Walking Distance") but didn't Doc Brown teach us otherwise?

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
Doh! said:
I liked the season-ending cliffhanger, and found the scene where John meets his dad quite touching, but something bugged me about it:

Didn't they break some sort of rule by having the same character (the other Reese boy) occupy the same timeline as his past... er, future self? I know they did it in Twilight Zone ("Walking Distance") but didn't Doc Brown teach us otherwise?

he was fine because he did not actually interact with his other self, he didn't actually talk to his other self and didn't really have any interaction with him other than sitting in the park and watching him and his brother play ball. the younger version of himself has no clue that the guy sitting in the park letting his ice cream melt is really him come back from the future where he fights an army of killer robots.

Doh!

One Too Many
That would really suck if they don't get a 2nd season -- especially with the cliff hanger ending! I wish they'd try moving it to different night or something before just giving up on it.

Feraud

Bartender
retromom712 said:
I LOVE this show!!! been a fan since day one....but i hear rumors that it's not coming back for a second season...say it ain't so!:mad:
Say what? Where did you read that? I hope they bring it back for another season or two.
Season One was kept me coming back each week and ended with a bang!

Twitch

The last I heard was it probably would not be back. They were going down a list of shows and their fates. Like that new show Cane with Jimmy Smits couldn't come back cause people were doing other things already. Anyhow Sarah was logical theme for a series and I'd watch it if it returned, even mid-next year.

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
Typical of Fox, start showing something that is not the norm people really start to like it then they cancel it! They must really not like the people that were in Firefly, they killed it off, they killed off Drive with Nathan (Mal) right when he got his Challenger back. Now they are going to kill off Sarah Connor Chronicles, right as they blow up Summer Glau!:rage: :rage:

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Aaaah! Please, Fox, don't can it! I was skeptical at first, but I ended up really enjoying what I've seen of it.
I was kicking myself last week for not knowing it was the finale and a double hour feature, and therefore watched only the first hour. My consolation was that it would/should restart next season... :eusa_doh:

Feraud

Bartender
First I hear The Sara Connor Chronicles is being cancelled and today I read this-

Before he was "The Hoff," David Hasselhoff was best known as Michael Knight on the '80s TV drama "Knight Rider." Knight was paired with KITT, a talking Trans Am that could do many things (such as talk and drive on its own) that other cars couldn't. NBC revived the series this year with a much-hyped two-hour TV movie that starred Justin Breuning of "All My Children" as the son of Michael Knight. But this time it's a Mustang instead of a Trans Am. After pulling in good ratings, it's looking likely that we'll see more of Breuning, KITT and company next season on NBC.
Good ratings? Did anyone watch this car wreck in progress w/out cringing? I could not finish watching this horrible show.

I hope this is a late and cruel April's Fools joke.