Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nerd Alert III: Sarah Connor Chronicles

Doh!

One Too Many
OK, so who's watching Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles?

I think it's fantastic; could be this season's Lost. The TV version of Sarah Connor isn't as intense as Linda Hamilton's, but I really like what's going on so far.

If they can avoid being as simplistic as "Terminator of the Week" they should do OK.

Edward

Bartender
I'm looking forward to that starting in the UK. I recently rewatched the original film.... the effects have dated badly but that doesn't matter, it's still great. T2 on the other hand has dated very badly iMO - not for the effects, but the holes in the plot and the irritating kid (in no way convincingly ten, and in any case, the second film is set in 92, the first in 94..... and they claim he's ten? Somebody failed Maths 101!).... I liked the tird one, especially the ending.

Dark Horse comics published a Terminator title in the UK for a couple of years in the early 90s. Great stuff - little brother bought it and I read his. It suddenly disappeared, which was a shame, but it was great while it lasted. Sarah Connonr only appeared in it once or twice, but the way it danced in and around the plots of the (then) two movies was superb, really clever stuff. There's a lot of scope for the TV show, I think.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I have zero interest in watching this. The first Terminator came out of left field and is one of the greatest low-budg action flicks ever; the second was a bloated effects-fest that just doesn't hold up well; and the third was utter dreck.

But it is nice to see that Summer Glau has another gig - I always liked her in Firefly.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Doctor Strange said:
But it is nice to see that Summer Glau has another gig - I always liked her in Firefly.

She did/does guest spots in the TV show The 4400 and became a pretty regular character in the 2nd season :)

I dig her too.

LD

Dalexs

Practically Family
After seeing the original in the theaters, I admit I went into this very biased.
I hated where they took the film with its subsequent sequels.

I watched the show. It was ok. But it just doesn't stand up to The Termanator.
Like Strange said, it came outta left field. It was just so different.
Now, the storyline is just not that interesting.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm watching. I don't love it, but I'll hang in there. Some of the logic doesn't work and some of the acting is awful (Sarah's fiance?? Oy vey), but still, better than average sci-fi TV fare.

Doh!

One Too Many
I'm surprised at the number of negative replies here. Some of you folks need to turn in your nerd cards, I fear.

(Edward, I didn't read them all, but the Dark Horse comics did have some very good story arcs.)

anon`

One Too Many
Doctor Strange said:
Amen to that.

I watched it, mostly because there was nothing else on and I wanted to see Summer as a Terminator ;)
I'm not sure that I'd pick it over any other show that I felt like watching, but it wasn't bad. At least they finally tried to address the massive causality loop problem presented by T2 (having never seen the third film, I don't know if it was addressed in there or not).

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I like it. It seems true to the basic rules of the franchise. Nothing beats the low budget brilliance of the original.

My main nerd fix continues to be Doctor Who though, but with very little new television due to the writer's strike, there is enough here to entertain me.

CharlesB

Suspended
Hemingway Jones said:
I like it. It seems true to the basic rules of the franchise. Nothing beats the low budget brilliance of the original.

My main nerd fix continues to be Doctor Who though, but with very little new television due to the writer's strike, there is enough here to entertain me.
go to alluc.org they have all the Dr Whos.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So far so good. There's tons or worse crap on the networks that are touted as great. Everybody who's ever seen the movie wondered what happend after she drove off in the Jeep.[huh]

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I just watched it again. The Pilot is free on iTunes. It held up well to a second viewing. I like it because it is sticking with the rules of the franchise, unlike say, Highlander II!

carter

I'll Lock Up
I'll keep my nerd card.

I've Tivoed [is this a real word] the episodes so far and enjoyed what I've seen. It is, as was observed, nice to see Summer Glau back since the last time I saw her was in Firefly (never saw the 4400).

I'm still a Dr Who, Torchwood, Stargate Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica nerd but this helps to fill the current void in new episodes.

I'm looking forward to a new season of Jericho as well.

So far it seems pretty good to me, however, I wasn't sure how the substitute teacher terminator's head made it thru the time travel, I thoght the blast from the weapon had stripped the flesh off the head and nothing dead or not living can go thru ?

What is the actresses name playing the termintator girl? She seems to be pretty good at the portrayal of the learning terminator.