Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero, 30's HB 2-Tone

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
Armholes are OK. Jacket rides up a little when raising arms, but that is normal for this style. The only way to solve that problem is under-arm gussets, which Aero will not do, and would be historically inaccurate. The fit is perfect (with sweater) and fits like I went to Scotland and Ken measured me himself, I couldn't be more pleased with the fit!

yep, the ride up isn't so bad but man the armholes are too high on mine, gonna get fixed, but it wont be jacket weather here after it comes back. its not an Aero, an AL, but otherwise a perfect fit, kind of a bummer, i like it a lot. Theres no way to stretch them out is there? i've been wearing it for a week but its very heavy steer and doesn't want to budge much.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Good fit! Have to admit, I'm not a great fan of two tone jackets but this one is quite subtle from the front. I bet it will look great when it breaks in. Enjoy!

A well fitting jacket will ride up with raised arms. Only a problem on a roller coaster or holding a lighter at a Justin Bieber concert I reckon lol

majormajor

One Too Many
lighterb.png

pauleway

Practically Family
Good fit! Have to admit, I'm not a great fan of two tone jackets but this one is quite subtle from the front. I bet it will look great when it breaks in. Enjoy!
This jacket looks so nice as is, I almost don't want it to change. Not too stiff right now, but with some wear this is going to be one comfortable piece of leather. BTW - my first HH. I was always partial to the goatskin, but had to try the horse after hearing so much about it. It is a very nice hide!

schitzo

Suspended
This jacket looks so nice as is, I almost don't want it to change. Not too stiff right now, but with some wear this is going to be one comfortable piece of leather. BTW - my first HH. I was always partial to the goatskin, but had to try the horse after hearing so much about it. It is a very nice hide!

Pauleway, when you get the chance would you mind doing a spot of public service and posting up some precise chest measurements please?

We know the side panels are each 4.25" wide. Be helpful if you could post the pit to pit across the front, and across the back too. Thanks man. No rush

I'm sure a 42 is too big for me, I just wanna know how much too big. And I guess while you've the tape measure in hand you may as well measure across the shoulders too! If you don't mind

Beat it. Soak it. Wear it. It will look awesome as it ages I'm sure. And I want to see how the two tome does with time. You never forget your first horse lol

pauleway

Practically Family
Pauleway, when you get the chance would you mind doing a spot of public service and posting up some precise chest measurements please?

We know the side panels are each 4.25" wide. Be helpful if you could post the pit to pit across the front, and across the back too. Thanks man. No rush

I'm sure a 42 is too big for me, I just wanna know how much too big. And I guess while you've the tape measure in hand you may as well measure across the shoulders too! If you don't mind

Schitz - Not sure if I am doing this correctly, but here is what I measured: Pit to Pit-23", Shoulder Seam to seam: 19". I am 5'-7" and 165Lbs, and have a fairly wide back, hope this info helps you out.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
The pit to pit on these jackets can be verrrry tricky. Eg I had a 50s HB that was sold to me as 22" p2p, but my measurement was more around 24".

pauleway

Practically Family
Here are pics of my new Aero 2-Tone 30's HB that I promised. Vintage FQHH brown with black trim. Black cotton drill lined.

2tonefrontzip.png

2tonebackcollardown.png

2toneback.png

1364495827540.jpg

2toneside.png

1364495811578.jpg

2toneopeninside.png

Just want to thank Holly, Ken, and Greg (machinist) for the great job, service, and help they gave me on my new 2-tone HB!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24