Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero A-2 aquisition... Pics... Opinions ;-)?

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hi all,

I recently received this from a friend. Its an Aero 1410, collar stand, gorgeous soft chocolaty russet HH with lovely 'character', knits and lining 100%, great all round 'shape' and pretty comfy ;-)
Now, its a size 42 and I normally wear a 40. I do usually prefer a trimmer fit, thats why I sold my 15142 and am going for a 3785 or Bronco (Have an Aero A-2 order pending, with a November ETA)....
I feel this is a bit roomy on me, lengths are all ok. I wont wear anything under, just a shirt and A-2. I happen to be a pedantic fella, after the jacket bug bit years ago, so was wondering...
What do you guys think?

P1140714_zpsb6a9044f.jpg

P1140711_zps0050bd4f.jpg

P1140719_zps3ef181a6.jpg

P1140713_zps345dbad4.jpg

P1140722_zpsf90ed77d.jpg

P1140716_zpsa87c55af.jpg

P1140709_zps8b61b10b.jpg

Last edited:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I like my fit trimmer (it's a personal thing). I'm around 40" too. In ELC fittings I tend to go for 38". Body length looks fine. Arm length, my preference is for shorter to stop tunneling of the wrist knits and excessive leather bunching.
All depends how "you" like to look :)
But I go for a tighter more streamlined look. Going by Sqn photos from WWII your jacket drape is as authentic as any others :)

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
Its all a personal thing so whatever you feel comfortable with

I would prefer a smaller Pit to Pit as its just to loose around the waist for my ideal taste.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
It appears to be about one size too big. BUT SO WHAT? If you see WWII pictures, your fit is commonplace. A jacket that is a bit large is comfortable, but one that is too tight is not, at least to me. In any case, the jacket looks great on you, and if it feels great, it is a keeper IMO.

tonypaj

Practically Family
Good jacket, like I'd wear them. No tunneling whatsoever. You could go down a size and wonder if it is too small, you could keep this and wonder if it is too big. Neither's bad. Try with higher raise chinos, or proper trousers, skip the jeans. Maybe you will find a different approach to A-2s.

Well, it looks very good, but I won't lie - the one you got rid of was perfect. This one will give you room for a sweater or heavy shirt as it cools off.
But it's in no way a bad looking fit. (I just wanted to say I told you so) lol

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Well, it looks very good, but I won't lie - the one you got rid of was perfect. This one will give you room for a sweater or heavy shirt as it cools off.
But it's in no way a bad looking fit. (I just wanted to say I told you so) lol

Scott there is no such thing as a perfect fit; it is all smoke and mirrors!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Some are better than others. I'm still kicking him for selling the other Aero :)

Well, one day Brettafett will probably be no longer the lean, mean fighting machine that he is now and will be glad that he has a little room to breathe inside that jacket. Truth is, I think sometimes we just get tired of what we have and flip it to make room for something else. If we stop doing that, we tend to get tired of watching "outerwear" and stop responding. I suppose that any snowball eventually reaches the bottom of the hill. Enough philosophy for today. Anyhow, I think that Brettafett's fit is OK, but if his jacket were two sizes too big, say a 44, then we would have the situation in which I recently flipped an Aero Bronco that was two sizes too big for me to a very well known, prominent Forum member.

Well, one day Brettafett will probably be no longer the lean, mean fighting machine that he is now and will be glad that he has a little room to breathe inside that jacket. Truth is, I think sometimes we just get tired of what we have and flip it to make room for something else. If we stop doing that, we tend to get tired of watching "outerwear" and stop responding. I suppose that any snowball eventually reaches the bottom of the hill. Enough philosophy for today. Anyhow, I think that Brettafett's fit is OK, but if his jacket were two sizes too big, say a 44, then we would have the situation in which I recently flipped an Aero Bronco that was two sizes too big for me to a very well known, prominent Forum member.
The guy's a tool. You shoulda kept it. ;)

Cooperson

One Too Many
You can never have enough leather jackets, some will be fitted some will be looser. This one looks good but will be one of the looser ones, wear a sweater and enjoy it :)

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Sorry, but for my taste the jacket is too roomy. I agree that you find all kind of fits on historical photos, but today I can choose the jacket and it's not appointed.

Just my two cents.

Olli

Brettafett

One Too Many
The guy's a tool. You shoulda kept it. ;)
Hey, be nice!:p
Anyway, the jacket has confirmed my preference for this shade of russet and the leather is amazing.
Appreciate all the posts, as I said, I do prefer a trimmer fit and my November jacket will hopefully be a 'baby' birthed of everything I have learned so far. So, hopefully 'the One'!:eusa_clap Watch this space...

Hey, be nice!:pAnyway, the jacket has confirmed my preference for this shade of russet and the leather is amazing.Appreciate all the posts, as I said, I do prefer a trimmer fit and my November jacket will hopefully be a 'baby' birthed of everything I have learned so far. So, hopefully 'the One'!:eusa_clap Watch this space...
No no! Re-read the thread. I was referring to me! Fanch was talking about his jacket he sold me. I'm the tool. But you DID sell that perfect Aero :)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
No no! Re-read the thread. I was referring to me! Fanch was talking about his jacket he sold me. I'm the tool. But you DID sell that perfect Aero :)

Actually it was an inside joke between Scott and me regarding an Aero Bronco two sizes too big for me that I recently sold to him that turned out to be a much better fit for him than for me.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Ha Ha, I must make more time for this chitchat... No more TV ;-)
But, hey, one lives and learns... Be prepared to shed tears over the next jacket I model for ye!

Can't wait. I'll give you credit, selling the other one took some stones ;)I hope the new one is a winner for you. All in good fun. I've grown an extra few layers of skin since joining here.You have a good, slim build. You can carry a tighter fit well. Some of us, well, not so much ;)

Last edited:

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I prefer an A2 with a more generous fit. You tend to see more of these jackets in Wartime photos than the trim military fit variety. At the end of the day it's really down to personal preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles