Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero A-2 pics

Edward

Bartender
BellyTank said:
Lift your arms in an ill-fitting A-2 and you end up with a leather albatross around your neck.

albatross2.jpg

"What flavour is it?"

lol

Seriously, though.... the armholes issue seems to be one of the best rules of thumb as an initial indicatorf of a good fit.... Anyone know the Latin for "high armholes?" That should be a new Lounge motto.... :)

Burnsie

Senicko_Spain said:
Anyway, here are some pics I just took, please forgive the follicly challenged rear view, I just turned 43 last month. :(

Why do you think I wore a cap in my pic?lol

Are those original knits on the Dubow? You got lucky with the fit - it looks great!

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
Burnsie said:
Why do you think I wore a cap in my pic?lol

Are those original knits on the Dubow? You got lucky with the fit - it looks great!

New knits courtesy of Gary Eastman. This jacket looked like a total piece of junk when I picked it up. Take a look.

ef42_3.jpg

f137_3.jpg

Some cleaning and a little Pecards and here you have it....No the knits are not original, ELC put these on, not the original colour but I like the nonetheless.

CIMG7253.jpg

CIMG7256.jpg

CIMG7254.jpg

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
Now I'm working on this original Aero I just picked up. I've never had this early of a contract in an Aero. It was listed very badly and I managed to get it at a reasonable price. I can't wait to get it and get it looking top notch.

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
Burnsie said:
Steve, your Dubow looks amazing - I'd love to see the Aero after you've got it and worked on it!

I have the problem lately of buying to sell and then not selling. [huh] BTW I think this one is gonna look fantastic after it's finished. Gary and his crew do amazing work, and for me here in Spain, fast turn-around and no duty.

Burnsie

Breaking in the horse

Here we are after the first good rain - some wrinkling starting to show in the sleeves, still waiting for some cool weather....
AACwithA2.jpg

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
TwiLighT Zone...

Here are a couple of shots of an original Dubow I just bought...(black and white picture is) not me by the way...just for fit comparison ---senicko spain

seems to fit you better than the dubow fits the guy guy in the ww2 pic

CIMG7267.jpg

CaptWalkerColTinkerHamiltonField2.jpg

say hi to rod serLing for me...

blethook

One of the Regulars
Nice jerky HH...

Burnsie,

That's a really nice jacket. I love the Aero HH, especially the jerky seal. I've got Aero's Bronco in the same hide, & it's very supple unlike the ELC HH A-2s I've got. How is the Conmar zipper holding up?

I've got another one coming from Aero: Anniversary in oilpull HH. Their current stock of oilpull is actually darker than their previous one, closer to seal/dark brown, which is VERY nice...

Erwin

Burnsie

Any pics of your Bronco? There's one on VLJ with some nice reddish tones showing throught he seal brown with wear. Did you specify unmatched/jerky hide? I love that look!
I've heard bad things about the repro Talons and Conmars holding up but I haven't had any trouble with either so far.
I'm curious about oil pull hide - while it's authenticity gets debated it also gets alot of thumbs up too for it's unique beauty...so many horse hides so little cash!

CBI

One Too Many
Nice Aero A-2. I have always been a big fan of Aero's repro A-2's even though there are a few authenticity issues, they look wonderful, great leather, etc. I just received a Goodwear A-2 Aero contract, and I have to say it rasies the Aero "bar". I can't post photos due to my computer being screwed up after an "upgrade" but I will post. Aero does make a great product and with the current exchange rates, its worth going for it however, if you are a little on the fence, consider a Goodwear Aero (you can visit the goodwear site).

blethook

One of the Regulars
ask & you shall receive

Burnsie said:
Any pics of your Bronco? There's one on VLJ with some nice reddish tones showing throught he seal brown with wear. Did you specify unmatched/jerky hide? I love that look!
I've heard bad things about the repro Talons and Conmars holding up but I haven't had any trouble with either so far.
I'm curious about oil pull hide - while it's authenticity gets debated it also gets alot of thumbs up too for it's unique beauty...so many horse hides so little cash!

Burnsie,
Here are a couple of pics of my Aero Bronco in jerky HH. No, I didn't put any special request. I did post a review of my 3 Aero A-2s down on the VLJ forum...

AeroBronco_Label.jpg

The collar has been rubbing against my chin, thus exposing the reddish hide base...

AeroBronco_Front_Worn.jpg

Aero got the long bodied & slim fit of the Bronco in this example, in my opinion...

AeroBronco_ElbowScuff.jpg

Rubbing on the elbow...unavoidable, unfortunately.

I think less about authenticity, more on having great looking jackets that fit perfectly.

What's the point of having a jacket that's cut exactly like the original if it doesn't fit?

What's the point of worrying about the epaulette length, and all of the other meaningless details, really? :eusa_doh:

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
Jacob Dubow said:
Hey Steve,

Great looking Dubow! Are those the original knits?? Does it have a Crown in it?

J.A. Dubow
aka Ted

Hey Ted, long time no hear....

No, original knits they're not, ELC replacements. It does have the original zip, but this is the last contract which sports a Talon (brass). It does have some of the best HH I have ever seen on an original though. Glad you like it. Thanks for the complements.

Edward

Bartender
blethook said:
I think less about authenticity, more on having great looking jackets that fit perfectly.

What's the point of having a jacket that's cut exactly like the original if it doesn't fit?

What's the point of worrying about the epaulette length, and all of the other meaningless details, really? :eusa_doh:

idtheft-canoworms2.jpg

Burnsie

blethook said:
Burnsie,
Here are a couple of pics of my Aero Bronco in jerky HH. No, I didn't put any special request. I did post a review of my 3 Aero A-2s down on the VLJ forum...

Rubbing on the elbow...unavoidable, unfortunately.

Thanks, great Bronco! The rubbing at the high wear area's looks awesome, not at all unfortunate in my eyes!
I'd like to see some side by sides of Aero repros epaulettes next to other makers Aero repros, or original Aero's, I keep seeing those epaulettes singled out for abuse!

blethook

One of the Regulars
Burnsie,

Re the epaulette comparison, sorry no photos, but yes I think Aero do tend to make them longer than the originals. I have seen a couple of the originals in my size (40) and my Aero repro's epaulettes are a tad (1/8" to 1/2") longer, generally speaking. Perhaps the difference gets bigger on the larger jacket size?

But my point is what's the point of nit-picking these small details as it would take away the joy of owning and wearing an otherwise great jacket?

Aero's strength I think is in the hides & the fact that their jackets take a lot of abuse and actually look better the harder you wear them...

As I said, I've got one Aero Anniversary A-2 in oilpull HH coming (with NOS crown zipper). I will post pics when I get them (after some breaking in, of course).

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo