Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero ANJ-4 (pic heavy)

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
That's why I've always had moto-specific jackets. Now, I only have ridden sport bikes (on the street) so maybe with a more upright riding position on another style, I would try one of mine here. That's why moto jackets often have than piece in the back that goes below the belt. Nothing worse than cold air riding up your back and down your butt - unless it's summer ;)

How about Andrew's(Swatland) Irvin then find some matching trousers if we could wire them in ;) This combo was once regular biking wear postwar.
I have a sports tourer(Hayabusa) for the sports riding style, and a Triumph Street Triple for the upright stance, both cracking bikes but the weather does not discriminate during winter. I was quite warm with the textiles on the Busa, just a little too warm for comfort.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I thought haggis was a Scottish national dish but think it would take quite a few shots of single malt anything before I would actually attemt to eat the stuff. :eek:
I avoid haggis like the plague, horrible stuff. Whisky, however, is a different matter...

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My mom (from Glasgow) used to make one every New Year's, and we all loved it. Very peppery. The odd thing was that she always acted like there was something vaguely sinful about putting that much pepper into it.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Don't you mean "offal stuff"?
Nothing wrong with Offal :) I like a nice bit of liver, Mmmm. Steak and kidney pie yummy. My mother had tripe and brains in the war, food was scarce. Have only had haggis once, I did find it rather peppery as said but it was ok.
Now I ask the question. How can a post on Craig's jacket move on to offal? I guess there maybe a sheep connection here ;)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Well, one thing's for sure: Craig's ANJ-4 definitely got the better part of the sheep than what is used from the sheep for haggis. Maybe haggis is "offal" but not Craig's ANJ-4. :cool: So, back on topic after all. :D

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, y'see, when the great lord was done with the parts of the animal he wanted, the rest of us got what's left. Hence, the OP here gets the sublime jacket and the rest of us get the haggis.

wdw

One Too Many
I'm late to this, but that's a great looking jacket on you, Sloan. I couldn't do that collar, at least in that colour, but the leather, style and fit are spot on. I like the practical pockets too.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It took a little getting used to, it's a bit like wearing a giant shawl collar, but when you flip it up against the weather it suddenly makes real sense. It's more a cream-white than milk white btw, it just doesn't come up in the picture.

wdw

One Too Many
Yeah, I just looked at the Aero page, but that's the only colour fleece it comes in. No doubt historically accurate, but limiting. The collar's huge, and I know that's the style, but if it came in black or amber I'd be very tempted, as I really like the rest of it.

What are the pit and back sizes, by the way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran