Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero ANJ-4 (pic heavy)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Well, Christmas came early this year when Denny at Aero emailed me this morning to say that Tony had put the finishing touches to my ANJ-4. Thankfully, I had enough wiggle-room in my day to make the festive journey east to pick up my self-present ("It's just what I wanted! How did you know?"). Anyway, the fit is spot on (a new size 36 pattern was made on this occasion), it's incredibly comfortable and, as you'd expect, warm. The seal goat panels look as good as I hoped they would, and Tony has done a fantastic job machining it - I cannot imagine how hard it is to do all that single needle russet stitching on thick shearling - and it's a serious piece of kit. Anyway, rather than blether on, here are some 'just home' pics, I'll post some fit pics once the sun struggles above the horizon tomorrow.
upload_2015-12-23_19-21-2.png

upload_2015-12-23_19-21-41.png

upload_2015-12-23_19-22-16.png

GetFileAttachment

upload_2015-12-23_19-22-40.png

Jacket is perfect - the bedding even more so ;)
Really, you made a good choice there. Want to see some wear pics too - that jacket is so sexy, but I'd get to wear it on a good year maybe 20 days - this year being a good example of getting some real cold.
Sure would be nice though when it IS cold... Congrats! @Sloan1874 !!

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
Bravo, Brother Sloan! May you enjoy yours as I enjoy mine. I was up in northern Wisconsin last weekend. Night temperature was well below zero (Fahrenheit) and we have 3 small dogs that needed walking. The jacket kept me quite warm. Latest word is that my brother in law wants one as well.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely beautiful! And I bet you're pleased you chose the goat now ;)

I hope the weather turns to custard in Scotland over the coming days!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Cheers! The weather is all over the place just now, for sure. I arrived back at Glasgow, the car thermometer said 5C, so I decided to take it for a 'test drive' this evening. Pulled it on to go back out later on and the car told me it was 12C! Despite this, it was blowing a howling gale and the jacket was perfect against it, and remarkably not overly warm. Interesting how different it is to wear from an Irvin. The latter's loose and relaxed design seems to work like a sleeping bag, trapping the warmth, while the ANJ is more like a thick second skin blocking the cold. The arm gussets are a great feature, movement is easy but also avoid overheating.
@John Lever Aero shut down this afternoon. They've been working flat-out to get Christmas orders from fools like me who only decided in October that they fancied a shearling jacket!
@ChiTownScion This jacket is ideal dog walking clobber!

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Looks perfect to me and should be appropriate for most cold weather unless you relocate to spending winters at North Cape (Norway) or the North Slope of Alaska.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Craig, would be interesting to see comparative fit pics of your ANJ-4 and Irvin as I think both were designed with similar functionality.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'll take some tomorrow, it's a good comparison - one of the things I'm particularly fond of with the ANJ is the extra length it has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran