Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW Aero Board Racer and opinions needed...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Back length is a weird thing. Not as goofy as the sleeves, but back length measuring has its gray areas. Such as when the front dips lower than the back and some people may include it. Or is it "collar seam to bottom" or "bottom of collar to bottom"? And then there are so many sellers who just measure the entire jacket length, collar included. And finally, how tight is the jacket being pulled flat, if at all during the measurement? I give up.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
If it turned out better than what the OP had ever hoped for, what's the point? If half an inch really makes that much of a difference, then by all means.

Let's face it, most people who buy leather jackets don't really have the first clue about fit. Few of us here who have a clear idea what we think works best for us but whether we're right or wrong is open for debate and I'm all for leaving these things to the professionals, rather than sticking with our own silly ideas. Quite a few threads on TFL where people insisted on getting exactly what they wanted only to end up disappointed. I've been there. If you asked my friend, he'd tell you the shoulders must fall to the middle of your arm, otherwise the jacket is too small and there's nothing I can say or do to make him even consider the possibility that he is wrong.

Not to mention the fact that there's a possibility that the OP didn't even measure the jacket the same way Aero does! Do we really know how to properly measure sleeves on a leather jacket? I bet you could have 10 people on this forum measure the same jacket and they'd all come up with a different result.

This jacket fits OP perfectly. There's really no point in prolonging the sleeves or the length of the jacket. Whatever for? Sure, he might ask for a remake because some numbers don't add up (numbers that don't even exist) and end up wishing he hadn't because objectively speaking, this BR fits him like few people can hope theirs ever would.
Well I don't think it fits him perfectly, so......

I'd honestly like to see some pics with a t-shirt and some less-loose jeans or the like. I think the pants make it hard to see the fit well.

The dogs bollocks

Familiar Face
I have several motorcycles ranging from racers to tourers so yes the sleeves to matter more depending on the style of bike you are riding.

On a racer you are more hunched-over and your arms are in a more extended position as well as the jacket riding up a bit more due to the leaning and angle of your body.

On a tourer, your body is more upright and your arms are extended less so the jacket body length does not need to be as long as on a racer and the sleeves would also not need to be as well either.

Hope that helps to understand the difference in riding position depending on the bike and style of riding.

I also wanted to address your point about the shrinking of the sleeves. I never said that sleeves shrink as that seems improbable.

What I was concerned about is the creasing caused by riding and usage when the sleeves are zipped.

The creasing DOES cause the sleeves to shorten slightly. I know from over 28 years of owning motorcycles and the vaious jackets to ride them.

I have and still own jackets from Aero, Eastman, Vanson, RM, Schott, and a few custom independents from South America (Argentina). All of my motorcycle style jackets that I have worn during riding sessions have CREASED sleeves which DO shorten the overall sleeve length regardless if the sleeve is zipped or not. The creases DO loosen a bit and become softer with wear BUT they are still present and DO shorten the overall length, just not as much as tight creases when zipped OR if the leather is still stiff.

I think you have got this completely back to front?
Relaxed cruisers....require a longer sleeve than a bike that needs a more crouched position....also sorry to disagree again....sleeves on leather hardly change at all with wear. They simply do not crease up with wear...they just don't!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner