Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Bootlegger v. 2.0 CXL Brown

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
It's dead on as requested. 24" P2P, 19.5" across shoulders and 27" sleeve and back length. I did request all of these #'s and this one is in fact a touch roomier than my 44" j106.
I believe the Bootlegger is sized larger and when I inquired about the 42" I was told they average around 25" p2p, which would be too roomy for me.

Thanks Ton, as I said, looks great all around.. the tagged size is just a number on a label.

Toss the rest of 'em out, @ton312 - this one is amazing. How do you like the cord lining???
I never ever thought of doing it, although when I put my hands into my Aero with the same pocket lining, I love it.
How does the better half feel about it?? Congrats.
Thanks Butte! The cord lining is amazing! It's very warm but not too hot and feels wonderful with just a t shirt. The wife actually said and I quote "this one is actually really cool, you don't look like a pervert cop". SMH. But I'll take what I can get.

Thanks Ton, as I said, looks great all around.. the tagged size is just a number on a label.
Appreciate the kind words Boyo!! It really is. My Johnson Leathers was tagged a 40" as well and just like this one, suited my 44" frame very well.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Damn @ton312 you nailed it with those specs! I love all of them and am a little jealous my BL doesn’t have them.

I loved the way my steer BR broke in, that CXL is gorgeous in “plain” brown, I’m sure you realise it already but there is now way you will regret going for that over the cherry.

98d5dd984113a51ce2916a5ab8b36c1a.jpg

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Splendid. Now you have inspired me to really check out Aero’s Steerhide!
Congratulations.
All good things to those who wait.

Fonzie

One Too Many
That is one beautiful jacket, so worth the wait!
The leather, specs and overall fit is just spot on. Couldn’t have done better.
The best one I’ve seen of you on a par with the Johnson that you sold recently.
Enjoy the honeymoon phase with this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leither

One of the Regulars
Tony, that is a stunningly beautiful jacket. Perfect configuration. You have great taste. Looking forward to seeing how it breaks in. I have a brown bootlegger in horse and I love the changes. Nick

dan_t

Practically Family
WOW :)
Man, that’s just stunning.
You & I are basically the exact same measurements, so....... just keep me in mind when V 3.0 comes knocking ;)
The Steerhide really is a stunning choice. It surprises me somewhat that it’s not discussed around here more often.
I have 2 jackets in it & they are brilliant to wear.
Bulletproof, yes.
Wear in good health Ton, you’ve nailed it!

Tony, that is a stunningly beautiful jacket. Perfect configuration. You have great taste. Looking forward to seeing how it breaks in. I have a brown bootlegger in horse and I love the changes. Nick
I think you and I think alike! Would love to see some updated shots of your j 106!

WOW :)
Man, that’s just stunning.
You & I are basically the exact same measurements, so....... just keep me in mind when V 3.0 comes knocking ;)
The Steerhide really is a stunning choice. It surprises me somewhat that it’s not discussed around here more often.
I have 2 jackets in it & they are brilliant to wear.
Bulletproof, yes.
Wear in good health Ton, you’ve nailed it!
Thanks Dan!

KHainez

New in Town
Oh man, I really love this jacket! It's a testament, imho, to the beauty of CXL, the Jedi level mastery of Aero, specifically Julie Leitch (who has made every Aero cross zip I've ever owned, each one somehow better than the next) and Carrie/ Thurston Bros. world class service.

In total I have owned 4 Bootleggers, 2 used and 2 custom. Having learned a bit along the way about what I'd like to change/ improve, I injected those ideas into this jacket. Originally I was going to do this jacket up in Cherry CXL. Despite the beauty of the sample I lost my nerve. The brown is a stunner. Amazing pull-up that will, from what I gather in a very short time, pop highlights like crazy.
The front is equipped with 4 exterior zips, all #5 shiny brass Talons.

Handwarmers zip closed downward and all pockets are lined in moleskin. The collar has a throat latch ( ala Indian Ranger), which looks so cool and seems to be increasingly popular on this model. The sleeves zip close on top like a board racer, with the same #5 Talon. I really like the edge this gives the jacket. It's a subtle detail that transforms the feel of the jacket.

The back is equipped with shoulder gussets and a single point western yoke. I loved this config on my 30's HB. It's quite flattering and functional as well. I felt my v. 1.0 sorely lacked this back design. This jacket and it's gussets function far better than those on my j 106. I haven't figured out why but they undoubtedly do. I can move in this jacket better than any other Aero I've owned and straight out of the box, despite the heavy steer, it's remarkably easy to wear.
Inside is heavy brown corduroy in the body with tried and true brown drill in the sleeves. The corduroy is fantastic, toasty warm and looks so nice.

No interior pockets. Camp fire label, which I couldn't possibly love more and Thurston Bros new pacific coast sunrise (which I'd love to see someday) label as well.

I'm sure I left out some descriptor but before I load the pics I want to sincerely thank Carrie for her Ghandi like patience and gentle treatment. She is always a pleasure to correspond with and even when faced with the biggest pain in the ass on the planet, whiny child (me) she is a consummate professional. Thank you Aero, Carrie, and Horween for sending me off into 2018 in style. My cross zip journey is now complete. Black j106 for feeling like Vader, brown Bootlegger for Obi-Wan.

Here is my Boot-racer:
View attachment 100057
View attachment 100054
View attachment 100055
View attachment 100056

I love this jacket.. No one produces jackets like Aero, I know it’s personal preference and vanson, lost worlds etc are up there but Aero for me are the absolute kings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112