Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Bronco, russet goat...

JanSolo

Practically Family
Lear, you're more than welcome. Sharing knowledge is what this place is about!! (Ok..also about posting tree pics from time to time... ;-) )

You can't just wear a jacket

Aye to that, Scott! I totally agree!! A shirt (or the way you wear it) or a certain pair of shoes or boots can totally change your look.

Edward, those RW Iron Rangers are a super special confidential continental Europe edition, limited to just "1" pair in size 10. ;-)
...I've carefully wiped them down with rubbing alcohol and used a bit of Fiebing leather dye for toe cap and heel. After that I applied one coat of Elephant leather preserver to flatten the nap. Worked a treat! And the leather is absolutely colourfast. Also I've used some flat waxed burgundy laces instead of those horrible nylon laces that are suplied with the boots.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Scott, you have gotten a lot of mileage from this thread. I will say that none of the pictures really do justice for the thick reddish veg tanned goatskin Bronco. Had I ordered a size 44 or 46, it would still be hanging in my closet instead of yours!

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Great jacket Butte...looks like it was made for you...perfect fit! Fanch came to visit us at the shop this past summer...great guy!!!, and I bet he was sorry to part with such a beautiful jacket!

IXL

One Too Many
Scott, you have gotten a lot of mileage from this thread. I will say that none of the pictures really do justice for the thick reddish veg tanned goatskin Bronco. Had I ordered a size 44 or 46, it would still be hanging in my closet instead of yours!

Sir, please order a size 42 in this jacket for your next purchase! :)

Aerojoe

Practically Family
It turned so cold in northern Germany during the last couple of days that I was already considering my Aero B-3. (Although a sheepskin jacket BEFORE Christmas just looks ridiculous...)

******** it! I feel envy. Go a couple of thousand km south and you're in summer again. Last week it was between 25C - 30C (77F - 86F). This year it seems I'm going to expend Christmas surfing on the beach. Cowabunga!

Great jacket Butte...looks like it was made for you...perfect fit! Fanch came to visit us at the shop this past summer...great guy!!!, and I bet he was sorry to part with such a beautiful jacket!
(I know, I lied...I'm posting again)Thank you. I've never met someone so gracious. As you've met "Fanch" you know what a swell guy he is. Rides motorcycles too. Sometimes the human race gives you hope...

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up

I did visit Insurrection a couple of months ago while I was in Seattle just prior to a two-week Alaskan cruise. Since I had no wheels, I rode the bus from downtown Seattle to the Insurrection store but missed the correct stop. When I called, I believe it was Carrie that answered and directed me to the correct place. Both Wade and Carrie were very gracious hosts, and the store and presentation appears to be a class act. Of course my favorite jackets in their store were their Aeros!

I wore the A-2 out last night, and while Ian is about to give me grief for the shirt, it was motorcycle racing, so I had to fit in ;)I'm with Josh Hayes, 2012 (and ’10, ‘11) World Superbike Champ. On top of the world and a classy guy. Made my week. *Yes, the pic looks weird. It's an iPhone, and the app compensates for bad lighting and the faces look esp odd. Well, maybe no more than usual. lol

232f9f2986cb05cfda56371a5ab774a0.jpg

Last edited:

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
May I ask if that jacket follows your normal "chest measurement plus four inches" rule? It seems trimmer. I'm about to order something and I keep going back and forth on sizing.

May I ask if that jacket follows your normal "chest measurement plus four inches" rule? It seems trimmer. I'm about to order something and I keep going back and forth on sizing.
Yes. It's 26” in the pits. I'm 48. (48+4=52). But the arm holes are higher on this one. So it does look and feel trimmer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112