Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero designs (pic heavy)

Edward

Bartender
Interesting stuff. I really like that Highwayman... Already have the standard item in black, bit I'm very tempted by the idea of one of these in brown fqhh.... Is the fit the same?

supposedly to be regenerated during the Olympics and forever after. It's still a dump!

Ha, yeah... we all got sold a pup with that farcical superannuated sports day. I bitterly wish Paris had won it.... though I suppose then the UK would have wasted even more money chasing it again. At least it ill never again be in our city during our lifetimes, which is a plus.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's a softer cow leather than the usual bullet proof HH, so it has a different drape. Denny threw it on, and buckled the straps tight, and it looked, shall we say, Sid Vicious-tastic :D.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
No reason why Kangaroo wouldn't make a nice hide. It should be super tough and super wearable as well. Not as thick as kudu.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's a slightly modified half-belt.

Oh, forgot to mention that the British line will come with period correct Waldes zips:

Edward

Bartender
It's a softer cow leather than the usual bullet proof HH, so it has a different drape. Denny threw it on, and buckled the straps tight, and it looked, shall we say, Sid Vicious-tastic :D.

Ha, yeah.... studded up, it would be a dead ringer for the one young Vicious sported - most famously in that photo with his Mum at Heathrow. If memory serves, his was a Lewis of some sort (possibly a Corsair). Similar style. Design goes back to the late fifties, but they really caught on with the London punk scene during the 77 Revolution because they were available second hand and cheap as much as anything. Nice jacket.

wanz

One of the Regulars
No reason why Kangaroo wouldn't make a nice hide. It should be super tough and super wearable as well. Not as thick as kudu.

I have a US Wings jacket in kangaroo (and an Aero Pioneer in kudu). Absolutely love the kangaroo leather. It may be my favorite hide that I own. That leather jacket was my first so take that into consideration...

Fanch, as a side note for you, the kangaroo is almost perfect for Texas weather.

I was very disappointed when adidas stopped using kangaroo leather in their Sambas a few years ago as well. Does anyone know if there are any importation issues to the US with kangaroo leather? I believe California's ban drove adidas' decision but wasn't sure if it had extended elsewhere.

GuyLdeB

New in Town
As teenagers in the early seventies we had a kangaroo leather levis trucker jacket. Remember it as being a very nice jacket, bullet proof.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Kangaroo is very dense and takes forever to break in - forget what you hear about goat, kanga is indestructible. It's hard to get hold of here in Aust, which is nuts. But you can't get goatskin here either very easily. All we tend to use is sheepskin and cow hide. Kanga wears like a mid-weight horsehide with the abrasion resistance of goat.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
The board track and the kangaroo look the goods....very impressive...will this coincide with a price rise?

Edward

Bartender
Mn, that Rivett's Highwayman could look really sharp in Cordovan.... (or for a more early 70s look, that blue hide that MajorMajor had the Aquamarine in...).

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
Edward, Sid Vicious was mostly pictured wearing a Perfecto style jacket although whether it was a Schott or not I don't know. He defo wore something similar to a Highwayman which was covered in studs but I think it was a Lewis Dominator. There's even a pic of him wearing a two tone biker jacket.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That plainsman is definitely on my list..hmmm black or cordovan? Which do you think would be better?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran