Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero jacket in the house, now with photos

Edward

Bartender
The regular Aero Bootlegger is an Aero 50s Halfbelt pattern with a cross-over front. Not as generously fitting as a Highwayman, but not as neat as the 30s Slimfit HB either. Somewhere between the two. A 42 in the Bootlegger is just big enough for me, whereas a 42 30s HB I can't wear comfortably.

ETA: that's a 42 in 2010 sizing; not sure if Ken has changed that since.

Last edited:
The regular Aero Bootlegger is an Aero 50s Halfbelt pattern with a cross-over front. Not as generously fitting as a Highwayman, but not as neat as the 30s Slimfit HB either. Somewhere between the two. A 42 in the Bootlegger is just big enough for me, whereas a 42 30s HB I can't wear comfortably.

ETA: that's a 42 in 2010 sizing; not sure if Ken has changed that since.
Edward, out of curiosity, what's the p2p measurement on your bootlegger?

Both measure 23.5" p2p exactly. The j106 is actually a bit roomier as it's about 1" broader across the shoulders. I'm getting a wee bit nervous I should've upsized my latest order to a 42" over a 40" as I made some changes to the liner that may impact the fit. It's a classic case of over thinking it.
Despite incredible looking, the j106 going to be tight when zipped compared with BL, what is the measurement of pit to pit on both jacket? Just curious

Bern1

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the feedback on sizing. Sounds like the same size 40 will work for the Teamster, which I think will have the wool lining. That would be a first for me on a jacket and I am a little concerned on how that may affect sizing.

However, I will most likely go the Thurston/Carrie route on fitting, which should take some of the drama out of the equation.

That will be my first brand new jacket since my series of Lost Worlds. I keep looking but I don't see pre worn Teamsters on the market, especially in midnight blue!

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's a nice jacket for sure! As others here have observed it is a very difficult color to capture in photos. It usually comes through looking somewhere between black and gray:
IMG_1680.JPG

Edward

Bartender
The Horween midnight blue is not unlike some of the batches of the navy blue Lewis use, thouygh I don'tg think they buy their hides in from Horween.

Edward, out of curiosity, what's the p2p measurement on your bootlegger?

From memory, it's around or just over 23".

RMF308

One of the Regulars
Congrats on the new jacket! Btw- Be wary of comparing the Bootlegger sizing as there are two models, a slim fit bootlegger and a regular. I wear a Slim fit Bootlegger in 40, and as a size comparison I wear a 38' 30's HB, and a 36 standard Highwayman. I believe one quick way to tell the difference in the Bootlegger models is that the regular model comes standard with epaulets while the Slim fit does not.

Last edited:
it's around or just over 23".
Thanks Edward, That's interesting. My 40" is about the same. Which is about perfect for me. Closer to 24" is better for me...when I asked Carrie about the size 42" she said that would come in around 25" which would be a touch too big...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Heartily agree with RMF. My new slim fit Bootlegger is a 38 but fits far closer to a 36 with a bit of room for a jumper under it. Wore it out for the first time this morning, mercury was languishing at 7C when I stepped out at 6am, and felt very cool. Managed to freak out work colleague by leaving it 'standing up' looking out over the Clyde...

Bern1

One of the Regulars
Got it. My Bootlegger has the military style epaulets, so probably not slim fit as another poster suggested.

It feels slimmer than my other jackets, but I am pretty sure that's because this is a 40 and most of the other jackets are 42

Edward

Bartender
Yes, Ton and I have the standard Bootlegger (though mine was modified to have button cuffs instead of the standard engineer cuffs), while the other model is the Premier Fit version, which is much tighter. I can't imagine getting into anything smaller than a 46 in that.

Yes, Ton and I have the standard Bootlegger (though mine was modified to have button cuffs instead of the standard engineer cuffs), while the other model is the Premier Fit version, which is much tighter. I can't imagine getting into anything smaller than a 46 in that.
I'm hoping my bootlegger 2.0 comes in around 23.5"-24" p2p! The nervous waiting period is the worst...

Edward

Bartender
I'm hoping my bootlegger 2.0 comes in around 23.5"-24" p2p! The nervous waiting period is the worst...

I'd probably order that size today; the shoulders are still grand on mine, butg it's always been snug in the waist (I need to losed a few inches anyhow round there!).

I'd probably order that size today; the shoulders are still grand on mine, butg it's always been snug in the waist (I need to losed a few inches anyhow round there!).
I think you'll like this Bootlegger Edward. I took some features from various cross zips that I really like and meshed them with the standard bootlegger pattern, retaining some of the original pattern elements. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy