Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero jacket

JDelage

Familiar Face
IMG_6618.JPG
IMG_6617.JPG
Here is the Aero 1920 Premier Work Coat I bought from Carrie at Thurston. I received the jacket a few months ago but it's only now that I can wear it. It's still super stiff.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Great fit! Congratulations! Great outfit alltogether!

The Work Coat is a great jacket, the premier high armholes combined with the classic lines have had me consider it so many times before. Only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet is because over the past year, I have come to the realization that I like short jackets better on me. Which is funny becase my fist few jackets were all longer coats. I have come to like coats on taller people, but as for my 5'9"... I'm growing very fond of 24" backlength.. :D

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Man that looks sharp. I like the longer jackets. I was actually considering a car coat for a bit. Also I think the buttons are cool too. I was looking at the Work Coat, as well as the Teamster before I recently bought my Half Belt Deluxe. Did you add to the length to customize it?

JDelage

Familiar Face
We didn't add any length. I'm of average size, 5'9" & 180ish, and length wasn't a problem when I tried on the stock model. We did add .75" in width on each side panel to make it 1.5" wider overall. There's a number of other (cosmetic) modifications, such as replacing the half belt with adjusters, etc.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Everytime I look at your new coat it keeps looking better. Did you choose the Melton wool lining? If so you might consider ordering another from the same pattern in russet Vicenza HH with olive cotton drill lining that could be used in lieu of a sports coat.

JDelage

Familiar Face
The lining is a lightweight tartan, in this case the lovely, lovely Ogilvie of Airlie Ancient. I'm in Seattle, and most of the year we have mild temps. I like the idea of alight weight piece, but I'm not ready to do that now.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Even with a lightweight tartan lining, the FQHH makes it an ideal foul weather coat. Mine is a brown FQHH Teamster with moleskin body shell and (I think) sateen cotton sleeve linings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider