Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Long Half Belt - Shearling Lined

dubpynchon

One Too Many
You won't regret it! My advice: go for a longer jacket (such as the shearling lined Barnstormer); get a lighter leather (such as goat); check whether you can ask for a full shearling lining (my LHB is covered 2/3 by shearling and 1/3 by heavy cordo); add an inch on the sleeve and back length: I had specified for the thickest shearling available and the shearling thickness lifts the jacket up in the shouders.

Sam at Aero told me when I was specing my Thunderbay that the smallest they can do the corduroy strip on the jacket is three inches. I went for goatskin on mine and I'd recommend it, it's light and drapes well. I feel CXL might be a bit heavy with the shearling although arguably it does look better.

The biggest advantage of living in colder climates is tha you can wear leather jackets (and heavy denim or tweed trousers and ofcourse boots) all year long!

Thanks @Harris HTM for recommending William Lennon boots, I got two pairs the other week, their 78TC and their field boots, in CXL black and cordovan. They took a while to break in but now it feels like I'm wearing runners (or trainers or sneakers depending on where you live) instead of boots. I think it's the stiff midsole that makes them more comfortable than, say Red Wings, for me anyway.

Last edited:

dubpynchon

One Too Many
It is not a "bit" heavy. It is extremely heavy!

nice man, I love William Lennon boots, I own 3 pairs and I love them, pretty indestructible too!
I wish they did an engineer boot, they could take their field boot and stick a buckle on the side. Well, I'm sure it'd be more complicated than that, but it would be cool though.

JohnS33931

One of the Regulars
Well - I put my order in after reading all I could find and thank you to Harris HTM !!
I ordered the long half belt with black shearling, black goatskin, 1/2 “ longer back than standard but cut the sleeves back 1/2” as I have a half belt deluxe and the sleeves are about an inch too long for me.
I did ask for the shearling to go as low to the hem as possible and ordered it with the black moleskin sleeves. I think it will come in mid summer, so it won’t see any use for a while, but I will post pics when it arrives.
Thank you Harris!!

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Well - I put my order in after reading all I could find and thank you to Harris HTM !!
I ordered the long half belt with black shearling, black goatskin, 1/2 “ longer back than standard but cut the sleeves back 1/2” as I have a half belt deluxe and the sleeves are about an inch too long for me.
I did ask for the shearling to go as low to the hem as possible and ordered it with the black moleskin sleeves. I think it will come in mid summer, so it won’t see any use for a while, but I will post pics when it arrives.
Thank you Harris!!
I'm glad I could help! It will be a killer jacket! Keep us posted!

JohnS33931

One of the Regulars
QUOTE="JohnS33931, post: 2806764, member: 44866"]Well - I put my order in after reading all I could find and thank you to Harris HTM !!
Thank you Harris!![/QUOTE]

Well - my Aero Long Half Belt - shearling lined came in yesterday.
I'm going to attempt some pictures, but I'll start a new thread so that I don't step on your's.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
QUOTE="JohnS33931, post: 2806764, member: 44866"]Well - I put my order in after reading all I could find and thank you to Harris HTM !!
Thank you Harris!!

Well - my Aero Long Half Belt - shearling lined came in yesterday.
I'm going to attempt some pictures, but I'll start a new thread so that I don't step on your's.[/QUOTE]
Looking forward to the photos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff