Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero 'Pioneer'

sshack

A-List Customer
Jacket arrived, awesome! The hide is fantastic and not even remotely as scarred as I expected from what Holly said. Bit wide in the shoulders, though, but that seems to be the general Aero-fit, as seen on most photos posted here. Pics soon - too hot for that now! ;)

Looks really nice. But yes-- I agree, it might be a tad too wide in the shoulders.

schitzo

Suspended
great jacket Don and from these pics the hide looks beautiful. I have to say, your Kudu and the Kudu on my Dakota appear to be totally different beasts. Perhaps they were from different ends of the social spectrum as mine does not look anything like that. If they are, then I'd suggest yours was raised and pampered in captivity whilst mine was born in the gutter where it had to ruck with other kudus on a daily basis just to get enough food to stay alive

Worf

I'll Lock Up
That jacket looks amazing... drool! That hide is to kill for! You've got the right attitude for it too... looks good on you! Makes me want to get one but I've too much other stuff coming in (modded Ike from Vanson and several mods from Johnson Leathers) to contemplate a new jacket right now. Thanks for sharing.

Worf

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Gents, thank you for the kind words. The Kudu is very thick but soft and pliable. The hand is a bit waxy, I guess this will wear out with time. It doesn't break in as pronounced as HH does, but it will develop a certain patina. The weight is a bit below my (longer) HH-halfbelt. It is quite scarred in certain regions, the machinist did a good job hiding these patches a bit. So, schitzo, no groving up on happy-farm, I suppose, but going though thorn hedges and the occassional barbed wire.:D
I think this may have been one of the very last of these jackets, apparently it will not been taken back on the menu at Aero's, too difficult to get a good jacket out of the hides. The jacket wears fantastic, very comfortable and easy-to-go. It is a bit on the wide side but then this adds to the comfort as well. In my age and physical condition a too fitted pattern would be - suboptimal.:D
Anyway, I very pleased with the result. Maybe in the future another jacket will compliment the two I have now - the "Thunder Bay" jumps to mind as a real winter coat - but this will have to wait. We'll see.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL