Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Pre-War Irvin

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
It's a nice jacket and will keep you warm for sure, any weather to come... When I see the back-shots of these jachets, same with Sloan's, I always think of Mutant Ninja Turtles, don't know why...?

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Bartender: Isn't it possible to move this thread to the REPRO IRVIN thread.
It would be nice to keep all the different info's on Irvin Repros, zippers etc. together at one place.

GregO

One of the Regulars
My latest acquisition arrived today, an Aero Pre-War Irvin, size 40. standard lengths. I've no real interest in accuracy, but gather from comments on here from those much more knowledgeable that Aero has upped their game on their sheepskins, so I'm happy enough with that.

There's obviously strong competition from Aces High, but he's dearer with a much longer delivery. Aero's only 40 miles from me and I know from much personal experience with them that they will absolutely 100% do what it takes to get things right, and very quickly too, so it's risk-free to me.

I doubt if I'll wear it that much, as it's so temperature dependent, but I've always lusted after one and would always have regretted never having one. Before receiving it, I was nervous that the sleeve lengths might be too short, as that's something I just can't live with, but I'm delighted with this. Thanks to Bertie for a great job.

Irvins so often wear the owner, rather than the other way around. I often see guys that just don't look quite right in that particular jacket. No such problem here - that looks great wdw. I don't think I can pull off that jacket...wish I could.

wdw

One Too Many
Thanks again guys. Luckily it was cold enough today to wear it in anger for the first time. As my wife pointed out, the jeans and boots are scarily good matches for the hide and the fleece, so here's proof. Gustin Downtown Browns and IR Amber Harness. I think the jeans are probably my favourite Gustins now, and they're a colour I'd never have dreamed of before, so that's a real surprise.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Thanks again guys. Luckily it was cold enough today to wear it in anger for the first time. As my wife pointed out, the jeans and boots are scarily good matches for the hide and the fleece, so here's proof, although the light's a bit low. Gustin Downtown Browns and IR Amber Harness. I think the jeans are probably my favourite Gustins now, and they're a colour I'd never have dreamed of before, so that's a real surprise.

They look great! The tan, as opposed to blue, gives it something more of a civilian lookingvibe too, to my eye.

Deacon211

One Too Many
Really nice! I especially like the fit of your jacket. My ELC is nice, but I still look like Sasquatch with its bulkiness.

aries-buzhor

New in Town
Wdw, Aero should definitely use pictures of your jacket on their site instead of photos which they represent now - your jacket looks much better!! This year I bought Eastman 1942 pattern, but now I realized what jacket I will buy next. Best regards.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Hello A.B.
fully agree with you and send them several mails and suggestion.
Answer was, its good enough and no complain so far.
Despite this I ordered precisely the same jacket in 48" than pictured here.
Still waiting for it.
Cheers

nick123

I'll Lock Up
While I think I slightly prefer the multi-panel deco look of Sloan's, yours makes up for it by your ornate wallpaper. :)

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Please ask Holly , she is very helpful in this.
Normally they need approx 6-8 weeks.
They are very nice and professionals.

wdw

One Too Many
While I think I slightly prefer the multi-panel deco look of Sloan's, yours makes up for it by your ornate wallpaper. :)

Ha. I'll let my wife know, as she likes that wallpaper.

As for my Irvin there, I sized up one after these wallpaper pics were taken, but I can't tell from my phone if the outside one is the bigger size or not.

The main difference is that the seam piping in the first version matched the jacket body, but the newer one has more clearly contrasting seams.

My avatar does have the larger one, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails