New Aero Premier Highwayman = Perfection

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Witchtrip, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Witchtrip

Witchtrip One of the Regulars

Here's the funny part - the jacket arrived ahead of schedule and showed up the day my mother-in-law came to visit for 2 weeks, so I definitely have to wait until I'm not out-numbered. She'll be fine with it, especially when I tell her I got it on eBay for $350... Oh boy.

I literally had trouble getting it on the first time - but it's warm here in NJ now and I wore it until I was breaking a sweat, doing all sorts of stretches and then crumpling & rolling it. I'm pleasantly surprised how much more flexible it is after 1 hour of wear, so it's not as intimidating as I thought it would be.

I actually find the cotton drill adding stiffness to the sleeves that probably would be less with sateen - I'm still on the fence about that choice. But, I will absolutely get sateen and light wool in the Vicenza I hope to order next year (I got medium weight wool on this jacket, which is great).

Cheshire Symposium likes this.
  2. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'm a Jersey boy myself (Elizabeth) and, yeah, it's no place for leather this time of year. I also have a mother-in-law: last time she came here the faucets ran blood for a week. Enjoy the jacket.

Witchtrip likes this.
  3. Dugafola

Dugafola New in Town

Excellent!! Congrats on first aero. I'm enjoying he break in as well!

Witchtrip likes this.
  4. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

It doesn't get any better than that. Superb jacket and fit. Never really liked the HWM but the Premier version is terrific. It took me about 8 jackets before I had a fit that good. Of course that was in the pre Internet days, it was harder back then. Information on fit and styling was hard to get.

Witchtrip likes this.
  5. ton312

ton312

Absolutely top notch. The premier pattern for this jacket takes it to the next level. Perfect fit and perfect hide choice. Congrats!

Witchtrip likes this.
  6. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Really really nice!
    The zip-sleeves are a great looking mod, and the brass and black is a winner.
    Enjoy!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    Witchtrip likes this.
  7. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

Nice jacket, good fit. It won't be as stiff as you think it will be. A few weeks of wearing it will do the trick. And I believe the Vicenza is not as stiff as the standard CXL FQHH, but not positive.

Now you need to start thinking about a ThunderBay for those days in NJ, and there are a lot of them, when the temps are too low for this jacket. With a sweater, I think your jacket will be good down to a little below freezing. Much below that and you may need an industrial grade liner. Congratulations on a good hit.

Witchtrip likes this.
  8. Witchtrip

Thanks all - yes, this forum with all of the excellent photos of your jackets, combined with the Thurston process took so much guesswork out. And my timing is great it seems, as the premier line is relatively new. I'd be swimming in a standard HWM.

@Peacoat: my fit jacket was Vicenza and I can't believe the difference between the 2 hides. Vicenza felt broken in right out of the box. It was a beautiful jacket, plenty of drape and a wonderful weight, but I'll be riding in mine and wanted something more robust. Of course, now that I've tried both on, I definitely want a Board Racer in Vicenza. They are such different hides, I can see having one of each. And those ThunderBays are indeed amazing! I can also see how someone can find themselves with 5-10 leather jackets in the closet one day...

9. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Beautiful jacket that really goes well with the rest of your ensemble. I knew it was a winner when I saw it posted in the Thurston thread. You must be elated! Perfect fit.

Witchtrip likes this.
  10. mendelboaz

mendelboaz Practically Family

Yessir! Perfection is exactly what it is! World-class :)

Witchtrip likes this.
  11. Mysteryo

Mysteryo Practically Family

Bravissimo! Excellent jacket and excellent report! You're a happy man

Witchtrip likes this.
  12. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Great looking, Great Fitting. Nice.

Witchtrip likes this.
  13. Witchtrip

I sure am & happy to join the ranks of you fellows. Better late than never!

14. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Nice
    very well done
    ENJOY!!!

Witchtrip likes this.
  15. Very nice.
    Congrats
    HD

Witchtrip likes this.
  16. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

Absolutely bang on. Now go and wear the @$€£ out of it ;)

Witchtrip likes this.
  17. Peter Bowden

Peter Bowden Practically Family

You could always inadvertently leave your screen open on the Aero Ladies jackets page....

Witchtrip likes this.
  18. A-1

A-1 One Too Many

Oh man! Biggest congrats from Germany! If I were you I’d never buy another jacket in my life! As you said it’s perfect. And every day when you can wear a jacket, I’d definitely wear this one. This is just WOW!!!

Witchtrip likes this.
  19. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Real nice! Cingrats.

Witchtrip likes this.
  20. Lucas4922

Lucas4922 New in Town

I'm also buying a Premier HWM from Thurston Bros but I'm struggling between a FQHH and a Vincenza . However, I noticed you own both of them. How do you like FQHH vs Vincenza?