Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Premium Slim Fit 1930's Half Belt

schitzo

Suspended
It is funny, how a 1/4 inch can weigh so heavily upon one's mind. I know the frustration (but for sleeve length); and the satisfaction when all the pieces line up. Tip of the hat to perseverance! Apparently, a trip to the eye doctor is in my future.

Perhaps they'll give you a discount, as a professional courtesy :D

Back to the price of bread, It's not .25 of an inch that'll screw it it's .75!

Cooperson

One Too Many
Great looking jacket, length's spot on. Got to say, I love that new collar shape too.

Thanks, I think Aero have hit the mark with this new range. Their original patterns with the wider arms, low arm holes and fuller backs have been an issue for some in the past, so a slimmer vintage fit and look is a shrewd move. As I mentioned before, it's like finding a mint vintage jacket without the inevitable shredded stained liner, short arms and musty mould smells :) As the new label says premier 'range', it will be interesting to see if any of their other original patterns will be up for the vintage treatment!

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Sorry if this was already covered but when will the premium slim 30's halfbelt be available? I already see a slim 30's halfbelt on the Aero site.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Beautiful jacket, Cooperson! Please don't change a thing... looks perfect on you and as always please enjoy it in the very best of health, my friend. :)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, my order for the new "Premium" Half Belt in Seal Vincenza HH is in.....I'll post photos when it turns up

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Cooperson

One Too Many
In addition to the half belt in the premier pattern on order, I also have a Cordovan FQHH Bootlegger to use the same new pattern...cant wait to see how that turns out!

A premier range Bootlegger! Now that will be an interesting one, we'll want to see plenty of fit pics!

Edward

Bartender
Bootlegger will be an interesting variation, as the original is based on the 50s hb back as I recall. The Aero description definitely mqkes this sound like what used to be referred to as the "Japanese fit". Interesting they seem to suggest that makes it more 20s than thirties.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Ken emailed me a pic of the original working jacket their new design's based on. He said that they'd already made a copy of it for the owner.: it'll be part of the premium range, high arm holes etc, with no leather facings, lined in melton right to the front edge, melton lined cuffs, and a cord backed collar. The Aero version will probably be a bit more waisted than this one though, a la the Rockafella.

Edward

Bartender
Amazing to think that was once "working clothes" - hell of a lot more style than a donkey jacket! Interesting to note the differences with the similar jackets already in the Aero lineup - i.e. lack of facing, et cetera. Even the corduroy on the underside of the collar. I imagine those sorts of things meant the could get the hide to go further, which makes sense re utility clothing...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Melton's a good insulator as well, so I suppose its a lighter weight of jacket without the extra leather facings but still warm.

Plumbline

One Too Many
Nice .. the Donkey jacket just took this a step further and minimised the leather outer layer to cut costs to the max. I do have a real soft spot for the donkey jacket though .... it was the working mans choice of coat in the 1920's .... through to the early 1990's ( and the students choice in the late 70's through to the early 90's )

The peacoat is a smarter jacket ( and I love mine .... both in leather and melton) ... but it misses the utility feel of the Donkey Jacket :D

That's it I'm gonna buy one ...... :D

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The utility details are nice: no flaps on the pockets, I guess that reduces faffing around when you're trying to find something, and the reinforced openings. I suppose if you kept the leather above the yoke and stripped away the rest, you would have a donkey jacket.

schitzo

Suspended
For me, as I've said ever since I got my original herc, any collar in FQHH or heavier may as well be half cord. And losing those hefty facings is another smart move. With FQHH I am a firm believer that less is definitely more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy