Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero range has gone live !!

majormajor

One Too Many
Slightly confused: the Dustbowl pictured in Sloan's review is different than pictured on Aero's site:

attachment.php

4B2701DB-7FC2-460B-B9D9-F0EE6A4F09BE-1548-000001D55ADE34CA.jpg

Ah yes, I see what you mean, Bret. Craig's is devoid of the front yokes:eeek:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think that the Dustbowl in Sloan's review was one of the test jackets, and not a final prototype.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think it may have sneaked into the photo session - there was a huge number of jackets being swapped around and we obviously didn't notice it was not the finished article. Sorry about that, I've emailed the FL to get it sorted. But on the other hand, doesn't my jacket look great! :D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Sloan, sorry your DB didn't quite make the grade as a prototype for final production. ;) Looks like you are stuck with a unique, one-of-a-kind that nobody else has. :D Even Butte's new GW that is somewhat reminiscent of your DB doesn't quite meet that bar. lol

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I know, I know, I'm disappointed too. Without the front yokes, really, it's just not worth keeping. What was I thinking... *stares regretfully at purchase*:D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
You should dump it. Maybe Schitzo will take it for a nominal shipping fee.

Nah, Schitzo is way too tall to wear Sloan's DB that would probably not even bottom out at Schitzo's waist. :pound: Guess Sloan is just stuck with it. :D

majormajor

One Too Many
Here's a thing.

If you remove the front yokes from a Dustbowl, doesn't it become an Original Hercules?

I guess the cuts could be different, but the overall jacket looks the same??

Sloan, sorry your DB didn't quite make the grade as a prototype for final production. ;) Looks like you are stuck with a unique, one-of-a-kind that nobody else has. :D Even Butte's new GW that is somewhat reminiscent of your DB doesn't quite meet that bar. lol
Hey man, mine has super-secret changes only I can get. So hah! lol But I agree, it's similar in style to mine. Ad possibly even the same hide. Did Aero - oh, never mind ;)

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I think it may have sneaked into the photo session - there was a huge number of jackets being swapped around and we obviously didn't notice it was not the finished article. Sorry about that, I've emailed the FL to get it sorted. But on the other hand, doesn't my jacket look great! :D

Too bad, I'm all but certain I prefer this to the production version (plus a chest pocket ;) )

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Hey man, mine has super-secret changes only I can get. So hah! lol But I agree, it's similar in style to mine. Ad possibly even the same hide. Did Aero - oh, never mind ;)

Shhhhhh, you'll give the game away...

@bretron: the front is similar to the Original Hercules, though the back's very different.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Ok and I gotta also point out: it looks to me like they came to their senses and dumped the "Aero" stamp they were putting on the leather zipper pulls for a while there...

Sloan, can you confirm?

majormajor

One Too Many
Ok and I gotta also point out: it looks to me like they came to their senses and dumped the "Aero" stamp they were putting on the leather zipper pulls for a while there...

Sloan, can you confirm?

Neither of the two I got last week have the named puller.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I didn't see notice them on any of the ones we were using. I don't have a pull on my new DB because the hookless zipper is big enough as it is.
But that's not to say that jackets going out to customers won't have them. Perhaps they won't apply to the new models, I don't know, because the named pulls only appeared in recent months, for obvious reasons...

If they need to do something, embossed with no ink would be better. As it was, those looked cheesy to me. 800 grit sandpaper should take care of it though. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn