Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero range has gone live !!

Plumbline

One Too Many
Perhaps they won't apply to the new models, I don't know, because the named pulls only appeared in recent months, for obvious reasons...

The named pulls have been around ( on and off) since AT LEAST 2002 ( that's the earliest jacket I had with one .... a brown oilpull steer Highwayman.

Plumbline

One Too Many
I don't have a clue why ... they are SO easilly replaced with a better formed strip of leather ( I think I've got a couple kicking around which I replaced) I can't see any purpose. As Butte says, I never really liked them.

Aero also went through a period where they glued both sides of the leather puller together which was much more practical ... I liked that solution.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I didn't see notice them on any of the ones we were using. I don't have a pull on my new DB because the hookless zipper is big enough as it is.

I would be interested in hearing more about the "Hookless Zipper" that Aero is using on some of their vintage models, including your new Dustbowl.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Actually, here's an interesting couple of articles about the hookless zipper:

http://www.essortment.com/zipper-hookless-fastener-45143.html
http://vintageengineerboots.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/zippers-part-ii-talon-hookless-zipper.html

It's what you'd describe an open-ended zipper ie you can see the pin once it's fixed in the box. The puller locks when you push it flat against the body of the zip, so you can't move it. You have to make sure the pin is pushed firmly down into place otherwise the teeth will mis-align and that ain't good :D Visually, with the two-grommets holding it in place, it adds to the overall look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn