Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero "Real Deal"

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
"Red" russett

Wow that one is pretty close to my 1940 contract russet Aero.
This one was made for me about 2 years ago.

232317614.jpg

Jerome

ldmax

Familiar Face
Hey Jerome, did you make special request for that leather or did you just order it and that's what you got? That color is exactly what I am looking for. Fedoralover's jacket is beautiful, but I like the darker more muted russet better. I would like to get an Aero if I knew for sure it would be that color. I know, Mark Moye is probably the guy to talk to, I just wondered what your experience was.
Thanks,
Anthony Clark

JWG

Familiar Face
Depends a lot on the light the photo was taken in.

In some lights my Aero is red. In other lighting it is the duller-looking brown.

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
My experience with Mark Moye and all the folks at Aero was outstanding. Mark Moye has been a friend of mine for almost 8 years.

After painting the first actual 1940 contract jacket for a fellow in Arizona I had to have one.

This was the first 1940 contract jacket-------------------

107247575.jpg

I spoke directly with Will and Amanda at Aero Scotland and ordered a size 42 with the crown zip that they were offering at the time.
The question of the hide came up and I asked for a more muted russet to be used like the 1940 contract I had just finished ... they knew what I was talking about.
Where the photograph is taken contributes a lot to the color of the jacket is very true. This photograph is the closest I seem to get in describing the color.

232317627.jpg

I have seen two distinctly different shades of russet though on these "Real Deal" and 1940 contract jackets.

Just ask Aero they are extremely helpful.

Jerome

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
fedoralover said:
Honestly Swoose, with some breaking in that jacket would look great. I think it fits you pretty good. Shove some stuff in those pockets to stretch them out a little and mist the leather and break in the arms and it will look and feel totally different. Right now it just has that "outa the box" look. But they don't stay that way for long if you mist em and wear em.

fedoralover

Had to bail on the Aero, sold it this week on to member on VLJF. I needed the cash for a new Fender Strat. I gave up on the Cable goat, none out there at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy