Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Sea Biscuit half-belt

willyto

One Too Many
Oh, that's a famous singer from Spain, his name is Mikel Erentxun. I love his voice, we used to listen to his songs from Duncan Dhu in the car when there was only cassetes. I'm definetely getting one next autumn/winter season.

Me too. I love both the new patterns. The sea biscuit is perfect for a very slim build. I think I'm a little broad for a collar shaped like that. I'm sure it'll show up here soon and I'll be drooling.

willyto

One Too Many
I'm definitely going to save for one. Still thinking about leather choices but a russet goatskin is tempting, these are two pictures from @Rudie 's Aero jacket (Obviously not a Sea Biscuit) and you can see how amazing the leather goatskin is after breaking in.

IMG_0674.JPG
IMG_1403.JPG

I'm definitely going to save for one. Still thinking about leather choices but a russet goatskin is tempting, these are two pictures from @Rudie 's Aero jacket (Obviously not a Sea Biscuit) and you can see how amazing the leather goatskin is after breaking in.

IMG_0674.JPG
IMG_1403.JPG
Those are very, very cool!! What model are those?? Modified 30's HB's???! The goat is awesome. Never had a true goatskin.

willyto

One Too Many
Those are very, very cool!! What model are those?? Modified 30's HB's???! The goat is awesome. Never had a true goatskin.

It's the same jacket. As far as I know it's a 30's Half Belt with the different pockets. I hope Rudie doesn't mind me sharing the pictures. It's too awesome not to do it.

Goatskin jackets that I've seen from the 30s and 40s are more well preserved and look even greater than horshide. Broken in and used without the abuse that some horsehide suffer. I think it's a tougher leather.

Wow! I figured the second shot was FQHH or steer!! That's about the nicest looking goat I've ever seen. I'm not usually a huge fan of patch pockets but I really dig that, I guess those are more flap pockets anyway... especially with the throat latch. Very, very cool.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer

IMG_0674.JPG
IMG_1403.JPG
Beautiful jacket! Love the arm creasing! Nicely done!

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
the movie jacket shows a clear, distinctive “tumbled cordovan cxl” color & texture. But Aero does not seem to have any cxl as the standard option. Perhaps the elongated collar tip is too hard for cxl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aero claims they didn’t make the film jacket. I would say the battered steerhide would work...or better yet- goat!

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh yeah, sorry, I didn’t mean Aero made the film jacket, just The film jacket. Agreed, some kind of dark reddish goat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21