Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Seven Arrived - Thanks for the Great Design Advice!!!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Jin:

I think next on the list is a custom Johnson. I was considering the M200 originally then went with Aero for the Vicenza. I was really impressed with how Johnson worked with you on ensuring total customer satisfaction!

My wife and I will be is San Francisco in June and I hope to be able to drop by their shop then.

@Jasonindenver

JL has always treated me very well and I'm sure I'm not the only one here. I would name names but they know who they are. I'll always go to them for jackets projects or alterations. I actually have some jackets I want to have a detachable fur collar placed in the coming weeks.

they are open to the public for walk ins, although it's 1 customer at a time basis. I would recommend to call ahead to make sure you don't wait too long but it's a nice neighborhood with plenty of cafes and restaurants so there's something to do to pass the time if it does get busy. they offer so much leather options, they have a lot of horse hide options but they also have thick deerskin and you can also request bison/moose if you like that stuff and many more.

Cornelius

Practically Family
@Jasonindenver

JL has always treated me very well and I'm sure I'm not the only one here. I would name names but they know who they are. I'll always go to them for jackets projects or alterations. I actually have some jackets I want to have a detachable fur collar placed in the coming weeks.

they are open to the public for walk ins, although it's 1 customer at a time basis. I would recommend to call ahead to make sure you don't wait too long but it's a nice neighborhood with plenty of cafes and restaurants so there's something to do to pass the time if it does get busy. they offer so much leather options, they have a lot of horse hide options but they also have thick deerskin and you can also request bison/moose if you like that stuff and many more.

Sounds perfect, might be enough to justify a side visit to SF on some post-virus visit to LA. Kinda surprised there is not a similar jacket shop in Chicago, given the history of the leather tanning industry in this city, proximity to Harley-Davidson HQ [Milwaukee, 90 min away]... and the fact that @ton312 alone could probably pay their light bill.

Sounds perfect, might be enough to justify a side visit to SF on some post-virus visit to LA. Kinda surprised there is not a similar jacket shop in Chicago, given the history of the leather tanning industry in this city, proximity to Harley-Davidson HQ [Milwaukee, 90 min away]... and the fact that @ton312 alone could probably pay their light bill.
I am thankful there is not! I would surely be divorced and living out of my truck.

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars

Unfortunately, Mitchell Leathers makes stunning leather briefcases just outside of Milwaukee. I would be tempted to drive up there for a spending spree if I was in Chicago!

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
@Jasonindenver

We are there for a couple of days in June. Hopefully things may be fully open by then!

I almost ordered an M200, but really wanted a Vicenza hide for my first nice jacket. I have seen some stunning deer hide and that may be a contender.

Also considering a Himel Imperial if the budget allows.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
We are there for a couple of days in June. Hopefully things may be fully open by then!

I almost ordered an M200, but really wanted a Vicenza hide for my first nice jacket. I have seen some stunning deer hide and that may be a contender.

Also considering a Himel Imperial if the budget allows.

Probably not open open but still open for business lol

Great pick on the Vicenza, that's a good 3 season jacket. Ask Damon for photos of his personal natural deerskin, that jacket looks great. I think it's 3.5-4oz heavy but drapes like no other.

Now that's a cool half belt, I'm sure we'd all love to see that here

Pandemic

One Too Many
I'm another happy JL customer, though I know an in-person visit would end in my divorce - I think you get to see and handle a lot more leather and hardware options and generally discuss details better than on the phone or over email.

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
I'm another happy JL customer, though I know an in-person visit would end in my divorce - I think you get to see and handle a lot more leather and hardware options and generally discuss details better than on the phone or over email.

I must admit that I am one of those people for whom many choices leads to decision paralysis. Could be a long visit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto