Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Teamster

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Very nice Teamster, it fits you well.

Like you I want my pockets practical, good idea about those changes.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Eric as I recall your earlier Teamster was black vintage FQHH whereas this Teamster appears to be black smooth FQHH. My only experience with FQHH is a black vintage FQHH HWM that I used to own and a brown smooth FQHH Teamster that continues to be a keeper for me in every way. I must say that I prefer the waxy feel of the brown smooth FQHH over the black vintage FQHH that I used to own. Not saying one is better than the other, merely my preference.

wdw

One Too Many
Thanks again to all for the kind words. I wore it in anger today (in the rain) for the first time and this simple change to the pockets was amazingly useful. The pockets are a bit deeper than I expected, with an inch over my phone even at the lower end, so pretty much perfect for my needs.

Fanch, you're right. The first one was black vintage, which I chose as at that time, on only my second Aero, I didn't want a long break-in period. Having since had other smooth FQHHs, including black, I much prefer the richness and depth of the smooth.

As a side note, my actual first Teamster wasn't the one I stupidly got rid of previously and which I show on another thread. The very first (made under the previous management) was a frankenjacket of monumental awfulness that couldn't be shown in polite society. It came in 4" longer, at least an inch wider and with the waistbelt set way too low. After trying to convince me that it looked alright, they agreed to a remake, which to be fair looked fine.

Edward

Bartender
This one looks great. The pocket mod is a great idea, not only for it's practicality - it also looks superb on this one. Very nice indeed.

wdw

One Too Many
Thought I might as well update this thread with my newer new Teamster. This one is cordovan, same specs as the last with the more useful Sunburst pockets and an unfastened inner pocket. I asked for a dark hide and that's what I got. Made by Julie, as usual, so thanks again to her for a great job.
TeamCord1_zpssg9iz8x1.jpg

TeamCord2_zps0kqpsjsj.jpg

TeamCord3_zpsjb59qyzj.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Eric, your latest Teamster looks fantastic. If I lived where you do, I would own a whole closet full of Teamsters in various colors (colours). :D

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Yeah baby!

Out of curiosity, what do you weigh/chest size? I have a Teamster fit jacket headed in my direction. Congrats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner