Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Website looks Great!!!

Stand By

One Too Many
The new website is a good improvement and that’s never a bad thing. I’m pleased for any private company working hard to make headway in this altered (post-Covid) work reality!
And any new website upgrade brings glitches with solutions learnt only from experience, so I’d not judge it too harshly.
Still loving my ANJ-3! Still going strong!

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Well the Indian arrived today from the "Stock" Section of the overhauled Aero site. It arrived on time and the jacket is comfortable and the Zips work great! Should be a great jacket for this winter.

That looks great on you!

How do you find the drop from shoulder to hip? I love the IR, but I was always afraid that if I wanted to zip it up comfortably, I would look ridiculously oversized in the shoulders.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
That looks great on you!

How do you find the drop from shoulder to hip? I love the IR, but I was always afraid that if I wanted to zip it up comfortably, I would look ridiculously oversized in the shoulders.
It's a little large in the upper body but not problematic. I had a size 44 but zipping it up was a real hassle as I was carrying too much weight in the mid waist so I moved it on. When this size 46 popped up last week I got it right away. It zips up no problem and generally will be fine this winter with a flannel shirt. I really like the comfort of this jacket and as I gradually work out more it should be a really nice "go to" jacket. The Vincenza leather is comfortable and the wool lining is excellent. I will change the buckle as it is way to light. I will get literally the same buckle in a heavier weight.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
@Tom71 I concur with what oneterrifichog says. I too had two standard sizes of the IR. First one was 40 and second one that I am keeping now is a 42. Both standard sizes. The bigger P2P is misleading on this cut. Think of it as a Langlitz measured to the outside of the underarm football, and you will get similar "P2P" as the IR. I hope this makes sense. The shoulders on the IR isn't wide, 18.5" for size 40 and 19" for 42. The Langliz 42 came with 20" shoulders in comparison.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
It's a little large in the upper body but not problematic. I had a size 44 but zipping it up was a real hassle as I was carrying too much weight in the mid waist so I moved it on. When this size 46 popped up last week I got it right away. It zips up no problem and generally will be fine this winter with a flannel shirt. I really like the comfort of this jacket and as I gradually work out more it should be a really nice "go to" jacket. The Vincenza leather is comfortable and the wool lining is excellent. I will change the buckle as it is way to light. I will get literally the same buckle in a heavier weight.

Thanks much. That makes sense.

I am hesitant to size up on P2P/Shoulders just to be able to zip a jacket up. At just over 50 it’s also fairly unrealistic to count on either broadening my shoulders or reducing my waist in any drama way.
I always found that the way the traditional British cross zips are cut is more favourable to my body shape (same goes for the Japan. Repros).

I will keep an eye on the IR for sure. Looks just super!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
@Tom71 I concur with what oneterrifichog says. I too had two standard sizes of the IR. First one was 40 and second one that I am keeping now is a 42. Both standard sizes. The bigger P2P is misleading on this cut. Think of it as a Langlitz measured to the outside of the underarm football, and you will get similar "P2P" as the IR. I hope this makes sense. The shoulders on the IR isn't wide, 18.5" for size 40 and 19" for 42. The Langliz 42 came with 20" shoulders in comparison.

Thanks for chiming in. I think you’re right on shoulders. the drop must come from chest to hem only. Never dared to go beyond 23,5“ in P2P, but of course some patterns just follow a different aesthetics altogether.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for chiming in. I think you’re right on shoulders. the drop must come from chest to hem only. Never dared to go beyond 23,5“ in P2P, but of course some patterns just follow a different aesthetics altogether.
Size 40 goes from about 23.5" down to 18"
Size 42 goes from about 24.5" down to 19"
I think once the veg tan leather molds to me the extra leather will tuck into the pits like the footballs. The wide pits makes getting in and out of the jacket really easy.
I think you can ask for custom hem width. Not hundred percent sure on this model because it's the ranger. It definitely is different than the slim cuts but despite the numbers, I think they work, once the leather breaks in.

Size 40 P2P and Hem
Aero Indian Ranger 004.jpg

Aero Indian Ranger 005.jpg

Size 42 P2P and hem
Aero Indian Ranger Size 42 004.JPG

Aero Indian Ranger Size 42 005.JPG

I think they can work even with the bigger P2P, once they break in, in theory, the leather would tuck up like footballs. Very different than a Schott but this is very cool model from Aero.
IMG_5831a.jpg

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Sorry about any bugs, it's only just gone live - there was some delay with the complete transition during business hours today, we'll be looking at any issues but we've had other orders come in. If you're having a problem feel free to email me on holly@aeroleatherclothing.com and we'll do our best to resolve whatever is wrong.

Afraid the shipping costs have been spiralling for some time, and we've been forced to increase them after a long time of resisiting doing this.

I've been seeing some emails I've sent to Aero bouncing back undeliverable. I hope your IT staff can get the issue sorted out. It would be a shame to have the new website launch ruined by communications problems that prevent sales or otherwise spoil the experience.

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
I've been seeing some emails I've sent to Aero bouncing back undeliverable. I hope your IT staff can get the issue sorted out. It would be a shame to have the new website launch ruined by communications problems that prevent sales or otherwise spoil the experience.
Thank you for the info. Can you tell what email address you were sending to that bounced back? We haven't had reports of this and our emails are run separately from the website.
We are hoping to have all glitches ironed out by end of the week so we can announce the launch properly next week (we haven't yet made and posts or send any news letter etc...)

Cheech

A-List Customer
Thank you for the info. Can you tell what email address you were sending to that bounced back? We haven't had reports of this and our emails are run separately from the website.
We are hoping to have all glitches ironed out by end of the week so we can announce the launch properly next week (we haven't yet made and posts or send any news letter etc...)
@Hide'n'seek, when will that sale end? Thanks!

Hh121

Banned
Size 40 goes from about 23.5" down to 18"
Size 42 goes from about 24.5" down to 19"
I think once the veg tan leather molds to me the extra leather will tuck into the pits like the footballs. The wide pits makes getting in and out of the jacket really easy.
I think you can ask for custom hem width. Not hundred percent sure on this model because it's the ranger. It definitely is different than the slim cuts but despite the numbers, I think they work, once the leather breaks in.

Size 40 P2P and Hem
View attachment 446745
View attachment 446746

Size 42 P2P and hem
View attachment 446747
View attachment 446748

I think they can work even with the bigger P2P, once they break in, in theory, the leather would tuck up like footballs. Very different than a Schott but this is very cool model from Aero.
View attachment 446749
Now I need a Indian Ranger.....

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
the enquiry one. But I think it's still getting through because I am still getting response on the questions I asked. Just also getting the error emails too.

Image1.jpg

Guppy

I'll Lock Up

enquiries@aeroleatherclothing.co.uk

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ