Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Website looks Great!!!

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well the Indian arrived today from the "Stock" Section of the overhauled Aero site. It arrived on time and the jacket is comfortable and the Zips work great! Should be a great jacket for this winter.

Probably Aero's coolest jacket! The temperature dropped just enough the other day that I was able to justify wearing mine one day last week!

Size 40 goes from about 23.5" down to 18"
Size 42 goes from about 24.5" down to 19"
I think once the veg tan leather molds to me the extra leather will tuck into the pits like the footballs. The wide pits makes getting in and out of the jacket really easy.
I think you can ask for custom hem width. Not hundred percent sure on this model because it's the ranger. It definitely is different than the slim cuts but despite the numbers, I think they work, once the leather breaks in.

Size 40 P2P and Hem
View attachment 446745
View attachment 446746

Size 42 P2P and hem
View attachment 446747
View attachment 446748

I think they can work even with the bigger P2P, once they break in, in theory, the leather would tuck up like footballs. Very different than a Schott but this is very cool model from Aero.
View attachment 446749

I had never thought of the Ranger as being in any color other than black… now I have a whole basis to justify getting another sometime…

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Probably Aero's coolest jacket! The temperature dropped just enough the other day that I was able to justify wearing mine one day last week!

I had never thought of the Ranger as being in any color other than black… now I have a whole basis to justify getting another sometime…
At first I didn't know if Aero would do it, in cream vicenza. It worked out. I saw a bunch of dirty cream vintage jackets from the Tanaka book. The bone color Himel leathertog that was posted here not long ago made me do it. The Indian Ranger is very cool jacket. Has the one back map pocket and the one inside D pocket. And an Indian label. Nice touch.

Aloysius

At first I didn't know if Aero would do it, in cream vicenza. It worked out. I saw a bunch of dirty cream vintage jackets from the Tanaka book. The bone color Himel leathertog that was posted here not long ago made me do it. The Indian Ranger is very cool jacket. Has the one back map pocket and the one inside D pocket. And an Indian label. Nice touch.

The internal D-pocket is one of the most fun features to me.

I’m contemplating a two-time black/white J-106 or maybe an IR in that color scheme. Can’t make up my mind!

Go for the Ranger! For some reason, despite being probably the coolest repro Aero makes, it scarcely gets any attention in favour of the J-106. I think there are only three of us (four now, with the above acquisition!) with Ranger jackets, as opposed to almost everyone on this forum owning a J-106.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
My Indian Ranger has been getting quite a bit of wear, even managed to wear it some over the summer, and through a few rainstorms too. I will get some new photos of it and post them again.

Any yes, to all the folks at Aero - great job on the revised website! :)

Aloysius

My Indian Ranger has been getting quite a bit of wear, even managed to wear it some over the summer, and through a few rainstorms too. I will get some new photos of it and post them again.

It’s you, me, Canuck (with two), and now hog. Bizarrely underrepresented for such a special jacket.

Frankly I think it’s cooler than even an original/repro Durable but lacks the same pop culture hook of a film to push it.

Hh121

Banned
Don't forget OG @Mysteryo who provides the original to Aero. And at least other two guy in here have this jacket.
Search name Rileywward on instagram,he has the best looking IR in my opinion. (My bad, his jacket is actually based on Ridley pattern with IR front.)

Last edited:

Aloysius

Don't forget OG @Mysteryo who provides the original to Aero. And at least other two guy in here have this jacket.
Search name Rileywward on instagram,he has the best looking IR in my opinion. (My bad, his jacket is actually based on Ridley pattern with IR front.)

Actually, Aero already had a couple of originals and had been offering the jacket for a decade or so already. (I think their expertise in the Ranger is why he sent his original to them for repair.) I believe @Monitor either bought or almost bought one about ten years ago.

What changed was that they preferred the details on his beautiful 1947 version (which I agree were the coolest) so they made an amalgamation of that and their other Rangers. For instance, his actually came with a blue wool/rayon lining, but he had them line his in buffalo check wool which has become the standard configuration.

Hh121

Banned
I think once the veg tan leather molds to me the extra leather will tuck into the pits like the footballs. The wide pits makes getting in and out of the jacket really easy.
I think you can ask for custom hem width. Not hundred percent sure on this model because it's the ranger. It definitely is different than the slim cuts but despite the numbers, I think they work, once the leather breaks in.

Size 40 P2P and Hem
View attachment 446745
View attachment 446746

Size 42 P2P and hem
View attachment 446747
View attachment 446748

I think they can work even with the bigger P2P, once they break in, in theory, the leather would tuck up like footballs. Very different than a Schott but this is very cool model from Aero.
View attachment 446749
So it fits true to size? I was concern about bit pit to pit.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family

I think yours is in the full tilt boogie CXL Horse isn't it? You definitely need to show how it's breaking in too.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Size 40 P2P and Hem
View attachment 446745
View attachment 446746

Size 42 P2P and hem
View attachment 446747
View attachment 446748

View attachment 446749

Perfect, thanks!

Now I am even more worried. I could easily do a 42 until about the belly button, but would then at least have to go up to a 44. Not sure if that would work with how the IR is generally supposed to look.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
So it fits true to size? I was concern about bit pit to pit.
Perfect, thanks!

Now I am even more worried. I could easily do a 42 until about the belly button, but would then at least have to go up to a 44. Not sure if that would work with how the IR is generally supposed to look.

The hem size is to worry about with the IR. I think Aero can ease it out an inch or two with custom order, not sure.
Usually normal motorcycle jackets in size 42 will have a hem of 20 to 21" measured flat. But the Indian is only about 19".

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
The hem size is to worry about with the IR. I think Aero can ease it out an inch or two with custom order, not sure.
Usually normal motorcycle jackets in size 42 will have a hem of 20 to 21" measured flat. But the Indian is only about 19".

Exactly. I can do anything from 20,5" upward; 20" if I really want it, but south of that, it´s a no-zip for me...

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I ordered my IR through Carrie, at Thurston Brothers. She fit me into it correct, but it took some adjustment to do it. I will get the dimensions again here for it, the traditional IR is not a slim-fit, but has a rather sharp taper in the body. Without her input, this model would not have fit me very well at all.

From the "build sheet":

SIZE- 44 with 1 inch added to each side (this should add 2 inches in total waist/bottom hem
circumference; the flat measurement of waist should be).
SLEEVE LENGTH- 26 inches (original Indian Ranger is 25 inches; Ridley is specified at 27 inches)
BODY LENGTH- 26 inches (original 44 Indian Ranger is 24.75 inches; Ridley is specified at 27
inches)

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I cannot find the Seven on their website. They did include the Sheene, I hope they also add the Seven. The board racer has a fantastic pattern, would love to see a default shirt collar version of it.

Edward

Bartender
I cannot find the Seven on their website. They did include the Sheene, I hope they also add the Seven. The board racer has a fantastic pattern, would love to see a default shirt collar version of it.

I've only ever seen that variation sold through Insurrection / Thurston, not sure if it's an exclusive to them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko