Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero website!

Rawky

One of the Regulars
Much better site, but now I'm a tad confused. Which one would I go for it I wanted one like yours Dav? Is it the Highwayman at the top?

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
JakeHolman said:
Check out the zipped Highwayman they have in the sale section, it's taken quite a beating, I like it.

Griff got one of these recently didn't he? A glimpse into the future.

The new one in steer is my old one. It is very short.

Dav

One Too Many
Rawky said:
Much better site, but now I'm a tad confused. Which one would I go for it I wanted one like yours Dav? Is it the Highwayman at the top?
Yes thats the one, mine is a darker brown than the one in the picture, more like the Barnstormer.

PoohBang

Suspended
I see a few problems with the site. Much harder to see what sizes of their used/sale stuff. And if it's sold, it's still there.

Plus, the jeans (Lee) don't offer a size... you just order a pair I guess and hope they fit?

The pictures are much better to see what you're getting. Considering that old site was at least 10 years old, it is different and maybe better, but not quite as easy to navigate then their old one.

Did they stop making all those patches? I see just like 6 to chose?

Looks like they dropped a bunch of stuff they use to offer... (besides Jackets)

Rawky

One of the Regulars
Dav said:
Yes thats the one, mine is a darker brown than the one in the picture, more like the Barnstormer.

Cheers mate.

Trouble is I've also like the look of:

The Hercules HFQH
1930's Cossack FQH
Cafe Racer - mid-weight Horsehide
And some of the other 'highwayman's'

*sigh*

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Enjoy the new look and feel of the site.. easier to navigate and includes some new details.. I happen to like the info about the jacket making process.. just wish wish there was even more info. Anyone happen to know how long it takes Aero to make a jacket? or how many jacket they produce in a week?

Regarding the jacket making process, here's a link that has good info on the Chromexcel process for horsehide at Horween.. love the picture of the Highwayman they use.

http://horween.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/chromexcel®-2/

Dav

One Too Many
Chi-Town Co said:
Anyone happen to know how long it takes Aero to make a jacket? or how many jacket they produce in a week?
QUOTE]

I wondered that myself so as I have 2 order numbers about 5 months apart I subtracted one from the other divided by the amount of weeks between the two allowing for two weeks summer holidays then divided again by 4.6 the amount of working days in their week and came up with 13.5 approx orders filled a day.
I've no idea if this correct. But it does seem reasonable.

Flying Mariner

Familiar Face
Much better website but different pricing?

Hi Guys...
Much better layout.
However I recently ordered a Goatskin A2 from there old website and it was £400. On the new website it is priced at £360.
Anybody else noticed any price descrepencies on the new site?
Regards,
Wayne.

Dav

One Too Many
Flying Mariner said:
Anybody else noticed any price descrepencies on the new site?
Regards,
Wayne.

Yes, I've ordered a pair of LVC 501 1966 Deadstock Dry to be delivered with my jacket order at £110 now the price is £215.

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Dav said:
I wondered that myself so as I have 2 order numbers about 5 months apart I subtracted one from the other divided by the amount of weeks between the two allowing for two weeks summer holidays then divided again by 4.6 the amount of working days in their week and came up with 13.5 approx orders filled a day.
I've no idea if this correct. But it does seem reasonable.

I wouldn't have thought the Aero factory could fill 13+ orders per day.. The Aero USA website it states they will only accept 16-24 orders a month.. that would translate to about 2 days production and seems pretty low..

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
HoosierDaddy said:
http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/

John Lever's 'Radjacke' design is now also included as well.
HD

Man, It's about time they updated. I wish Langlitz would do the same. The charm of these old websites wore off for me a long time ago. I always go to the Japanese sites for detail shots of items from both companies. Those folks have a pension for details that rival my own.

Dav

One Too Many
Chi-Town Co said:
I wouldn't have thought the Aero factory could fill 13+ orders per day.. The Aero USA website it states they will only accept 16-24 orders a month.. that would translate to about 2 days production and seems pretty low..

The reason I thought 13+ seemed reasonable is that I think they have 22 employees plus I did read of a member here that went to visit the factory some years ago and got a jacket cut and stitched in about 4 hours, can't remember which thread that was in though I'm afraid.
This is a separate subject not the theme of the thread so we shouldn't get to involved with an off topic discussion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy