Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero website!

Chi-Town Co said:
I wouldn't have thought the Aero factory could fill 13+ orders per day.. The Aero USA website it states they will only accept 16-24 orders a month.. that would translate to about 2 days production and seems pretty low..

As I understand it, that is how many Aero USA accepts each month...not the mother company.

Not sure if the Aero put those restrictions on Mark at Aero USA, or Mark instituted them himself.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Dav said:
Yes, I've ordered a pair of LVC 501 1966 Deadsyock Dry to be delivered with my jacket order at £110 now the price is £215.

I'm surmising that the lower price was for old LVC stock - bear in mind that Levi's stopped, rethought and have relaunched the whole range, at a much higher price, and that's probably where the huge price increase comes into play... sucks, eh? I mean, the quality of the first few years of SF-produced LVC stuff was great, then it went downhill. Can anyone attest that the relaunched stuff is a return to the quality of the SF era, or is it Levi's just being greedy?

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Many of the older vintage wartime jackets which were up for sale on the sold site, and some for years, no longer seem to be there. It's a shame Aero didn't use the re-launch of their website to add several new products to their ranges.

JanSolo

Practically Family
It's a shame Aero didn't use the re-launch of their website to add several new products to their ranges.

Well, they did actually. Look at the denim section which was vastly improved. Iron Heart, Flathead and a couple of new Lees as well. Plus there is John Lever's Radjacke and the Daytona, Cruiser, and J106 bike jackets. Then there's the B7 Arctic Parka and the shearling Luftwaffe jacket. And I've heard rumours that there's is more to follow...

Justhandguns

Practically Family
JanSolo said:
Well, they did actually. Look at the denim section which was vastly improved. Iron Heart, Flathead and a couple of new Lees as well. Plus there is John Lever's Radjacke and the Daytona, Cruiser, and J106 bike jackets. Then there's the B7 Arctic Parka and the shearling Luftwaffe jacket. And I've heard rumours that there's is more to follow...

I am sure there will be more to follow, but just a bit disappointed that the prices for the denims have hiked so much. If they source their LVC/Lee/Wangler from Japan, due to the steaming JPY rate, I understand that they need to up their price for the new lots. But if their new LVC range are from the Made in the USA lot, than they are selling it at the same price the the Levi's own store (which is really over priced IMO).

aswatland

JanSolo said:

thanks for this. I should have qualified my comment by confining it just to A2 jackets!

macguzzi

New in Town
Answers on the LVC range Levi raised all the prices to retailers, there is no choice but to raise prices. I think Levi are shooting themselves in the foot here there are far better denims on the market. The quality of the new range is no better than the past two years pretty poor premium price.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
The Ironhearts are the best price I have seen. Almost £100 less then other places. Get the 21oz selvedge, you know you want to :D

Edward

Bartender
aswatland said:
thanks for this. I should have qualified my comment by confining it just to A2 jackets!

I had a fair idea that's what you were referring to, Andrew... ;) I am quite excited to see the Messerschmitt jacket - I'll be interested to hear the first review of that. Could well be one on my list for next year. The ANJ4 looks really nice too - not sure how they compare to Eastman? Interested also to see the exapanded range of motorcycle jackets - I think my desire for a King of the Road has been supplanted by the Daytona model.... and the Type J106....

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
GriffDeLaGriff said:
The Ironhearts are the best price I have seen. Almost £100 less then other places. Get the 21oz selvedge, you know you want to :D

I've got a 3 year old pair of the 634S, they're hard as nails. Heartily recommended and also available for the same price from ironheart.co.uk.

Hugely intrigued about the rumoured Aero/Ironheart collaboration.

Edward

Bartender
The denim all looks amazing, but to be honest I just wouldn't be able to bring myself to shell out upwards of a hundred quid for a pair of jeans - no slight on Aero, I know that's just what premium denim is priced at everywhere. I'll spend fifty odd quid on a pair of something solid, like Prison Blues, but much more than that and, well.... I'd be scared to wear 'em, and I certainly don't want to get into denims I feel I have to dryclean..... lol (Currently sitting in the office, wearing jeans for the first time in several weeks.... a pair of Carhartt Work Jeans that I found on eBay last April, new with tags, paid twenty quid for them.... lovely wide leg...).

GriffDeLaGriff said:
The D1 redskin looks absolutely amazing. I gotta have me one. I kinda need it soon also lol

I love, love, love the look of Aero's redskin USAAF shearlings. If ever I stumbled across one silly cheap, I'd be tempted by the B3 version... but as I already have a two-tone Lost Worlds B3, I'm more inclined towards one of the lighter sheepskin Aeros. I would tend to favour the B6 over the D1: more detailing and just a nicer cut for very little more. I'd consider having the pockets fitted with zips, though, as on the D1.

PoohBang said:
I see a few problems with the site. Much harder to see what sizes of their used/sale stuff. And if it's sold, it's still there.

Wasn't that always the case, though? I think that's more an issue of updating rather than design.

Did they stop making all those patches? I see just like 6 to chose?

I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that they continue to offer a range of patches based on the 'ask for what you want if you don't see it....' principle. I could well understand if they streamlined it to the popular options, though - I would suspect that the vast majority of their A2s are sold unpatched, as that's a bit more 'flexible' for regular wear. (That said, I'd love a couple of Flying Tigers jackets, complete with blood chit and the works..... if ever I get passed the unwillingness to deal with the 'Nice Top Gun jacket' comments).

Looks like they dropped a bunch of stuff they use to offer... (besides Jackets)

I don't see the B15s in there any more. It looks to me also like they're clearing out the B10s (at £100, I'm sorta tempted....). I would expect an overhaul of the website offerings would be part of a wider overhaul of their business. Likely, as with anything else, they're dropping the models that don't sell so well in favour of new items for which they see more of a market. I wonder what effect the competition might have had also - I notice that the Daytona and Type J106 have been introduced shortly after Eastman relaunched their late 40s Buco-style jacket, a more streamlined affair than the 50s-leaning King of the Road by Aero.

Edward

Bartender
Flying Mariner said:
Hi Guys...
Much better layout.
However I recently ordered a Goatskin A2 from there old website and it was £400. On the new website it is priced at £360.
Anybody else noticed any price descrepencies on the new site?
Regards,
Wayne.

Oh, ho, wouldn't it be *wonderful* if some things came down in price!! :)

Graemsay

Practically Family
I found the best way of buying premium jeans is to take advantage of the sale that Mode d'Emploi (a shop in the Hague) is currently running: Two pairs for 100 euros. And they're selling things like Atelier Durance, Denham and Levis Vintage.

Between myself and my brother we've acquired five pairs. Should keep us decent for a year or two. :)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Edward said:
I would tend to favour the B6 over the D1: more detailing and just a nicer cut for very little more. I'd consider having the pockets fitted with zips, though, as on the D1.

I agree the B6 has a nicer back, but the D1 has more details on the arms and I also like the collar more. They are priced the same.

Neophyte

I've recently began to harbor an interest in a leather jacket of some kind, particularly the ones with...I guess it's called "shearling"...inside the jacket.

The thing is, I don't know if a leather jacket with shearling would be overkill in the winter climate of the southeastern United States. Here in Eastern Tennessee, it rarely reaches lower than 0 degrees (usually stalls at just 14 degrees).

I just don't know whether to invest in a leather "bomber" style jacket, one with "shearling", or a leather jacket at all. At these prices I'd expect to get 2-to-3 season "wearability".

I usually spend most of my time in the "Hats" section, so I'm here to ask the more knowledgable here: are these beautiful Aero jackets for me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy