Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aeromarine jacket, fit advice needed

JanW

New in Town
How stiff is the goatskin? The shoulder slope is very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soft as butter, but also undeniably thick and sturdy. It's hard to explain. It stays in place whenever you try to mold it, but will "give" immediately as necessary, especially in areas like the back of the neck. Ironically, the only stiff areas I've found was the lower area of the shawl collar, but I take that as due to having four layers of leather there (I had dual gun pockets installed). If FQHH feels like wearing a suit of armor, the goat feels like wearing a more substantial lamb.

Edward

Bartender
Fit through the body is absolutely perfect - little bit o room to move, not blousy but not too tight either. If the sleeves are the sort of length as n the other photo you show, I'd consider that ideal. Superb jacket overall - enjoy.

JanW

New in Town
Posting a picture of the jacket sleeves:

9tcuoo.jpg

From my methodical research (i.e. annoying friends and family), it appears few notice the sleeve length. I hope they would still crease up a bit though.

They are fine. If the jacket were Fqhh or heavy steer, then they would crease up, but goat won't as much. Do you have a second button on the sleeves? If so, button them tighter. It will "neaten up" the look. Not bad at all though.

barnabus

One Too Many
I think that looks awesome on you. The fit is essentially spot on (which means it looks how if like it to look on me, obv), but for my money the sleeves are a trifle too long.

I know they'll shorten as it creases up, but I hate that constant involuntary shrug you do subconsciously, trying to somehow shift the cuff sightly up your wrist, when your body rebels to tell you the sleeve is just too long. But if you don't suffer with that then it really is perfect (that might be just me anyway).

dubpynchon

One Too Many
The jacket fits really well. If the sleeves bother you a good leather tailor would be able to remove the cuff, shorten the sleeve and reattach the cuff. If it bothers you now it will keep on bothering you, I know from experience. The rest of the jacket is perfect though.

The sleeves may be about 1/2" too long if ya really want to get specific about it. However, I'd just wear it like it is and put that out of your mind. That style is THE style of jacket especially for you. It suits your looks like few others. Don't you dare let that 1/2" allow you concern enough to move it on.
HD

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
The rest of the jacket fits well. I’d wear it for 6 months in different weathers, let the sleeves ride up and (if they’re still a little long) get it to a decent tailor and get them shortened to fit.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
The jacket fits really well. If the sleeves bother you a good leather tailor would be able to remove the cuff, shorten the sleeve and reattach the cuff. If it bothers you now it will keep on bothering you, I know from experience. The rest of the jacket is perfect though.

I have had this done a number of times (including on a Menlo with a similar cuff). Cheap to do and really worthwhile.

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Fit looks perfect to me, personally I wouldn't alter the sleeves they do ride up with wear and creasing and if you did shorten them when this happens you may wish you hadn't done it.

D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner