Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Akubra Campdraft, taupe, size 57. $90 or trade

nightcruller

New in Town
Hi folks, I'm a first-time poster here, though I've lurked around a bit in recent months. Last week, I received the taupe Campdraft (sz. 57) I'd ordered from hatsbythe100, and quickly came to the conclusion that the color just doesn't match my wardrobe or skin tone terribly well. Unfortunately to ship it back to Australia adds $53 to the total, so I'd rather find it a new home here in the States.

I only put it on my head once to test the fit and I haven't bashed it. It's still in its protective plastic.

Got it for $116 USD + $20 shipping (see product description). Asking $90 + shipping.

I'd also be willing to trade it for a used size 57 of one of the following:
  • BGG or Silverbelly Campdraft
  • Carbon or Moonstone Fed IV
  • dark/mid brown or Regency Fawn Squatter
  • mid brown, loden, moonstone, or BGG Stylemaster
Happy to deal in person if you happen to be in San Francisco.

cd-taupe.jpg

taupe-cd.gif

Last edited:

nightcruller

New in Town
Hey! No, never sold it, but did finally start wearing it despite my misgivings... and I guess it's one of my favorites now. Sorry about that. I'd delete the thread, but it looks like I don't have the permissions. Ah well.

D00R

One of the Regulars
Thats Awesome! It looks like such a cool hat and great color. I want to get one to. How is the fit? Does it run big? Im in between a 7 1/8 & 7 1/4 size. I usually wear 7 1/4 in vintage size hats. And I think im a 22 inch circumference head.

nightcruller

New in Town
Go for it; it's a great hat. I'm also between 1/8 and 1/4, and for me, the fit of the 57 is perfect. The prevailing wisdom here on TFL is to buy Akubras a tad large and wait for them to shrink, but I have a couple 58s that have never really shrunk down to the point I'd feel comfortable wearing them on a windy day.

D00R

One of the Regulars
Yes! Thats why I sold all of my hats, they would fly off when the wind hit.
Is the 57 22.5 inches? Or just under 22.5?
I was looking at everyones photos on the campdraft thread, everyone loves theres.
You should post yourself wearing yours there.
Thanks again for coming back to your thread to talk about your CD fedora.

Kopfhanger

New in Town
Hi I am interested if its still available, I know its an old post but a shot in the dark. Pm please

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko