Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New and psyched to be here!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
OMG! Hi, guys!

I am so excited to be here!

In the time that Ive been waiting to be able to post, Ive read as much as I could, including all 151 pages of the 'your newest hat' thread. You guys have inspired me to go from merely wearing my hats, as I have for years, to getting excited about them again.

So where do I begin? I want to post to a number of threads, but I guess I can show here how Ive rebashed some of my fedoras and one of my cowboy hats (although I dont think I took pics of the Bailey cowboy hat before I rebashed it, although it was a mess). It doesnt look perfect now, but it looks a hell of a lot better than it did, and I like my hats to look lived in, as opposed to brand new.

My first fur felt fedora is this Stetson Imperial that I bought at Worth & Worth in NYC in 1982, shortly after seeing Raiders. I had bought a wool no-name version of this hat right after I saw the movie, but the furfelts looked oh so luscious so I popped for the then princely sum of $35 for this hat.

This is how its looked for 27 years:

0307092312.jpg

And this is how it looks now, after bashing. Its darker because it was wet. It has since dried and returned to its normal color.

0308091522.jpg

I'm so psyched, I'm busting! Got lots more pics of very recently reshaped hats. Im off to further explore the site. Yaaaa-HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

ironhead

New in Town
I found it's like an addction. Once you start its hard to stop. Unfortunately I'm on a strict budget. I hope that changes soon!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
scottyrocks said:
OMG!...

My first fur felt fedora is this Stetson Imperial that I bought at Worth & Worth in NYC in 1982,

Wow! Way to just barge in and belly up there, scottyrocks - here, you can have my stool. I'll stand for a while lol.

That's one fine look'n lump of felt on your head, man! Does it have any.. Hmmm... Hmmm... stories to tell?

jpbales

Practically Family
i don't know what it is about hats

but they are so addicting! no one else seems to ever understand either [huh] Seriously, my mom and sisters have bought several coach purses (which cost hundreds of dollars, more than any hat I have!) and they don't understand why I like hats [huh] [huh]

welcome to the lounge, and indulge!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, all, for the warm welcome.

Interesting that I got a number of compliments on my 'new' hat yesterday from people that have seen me in it a number of times. :) Although thats not why I changed it, it was nice to hear, anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ